January 18, 2017

Wednesday - Sunny and warm

A good day.  (YES!!!)

I woke up this morning with F still in bed.  He was taking the day off today so no problem.  We snuggled for a minute or two, but nature and Nikita were calling so I had to go!

I got up, made some tea for us and I had breakfast too.  F went out to see his mother and to take her to the onsen.  I watched my shows, made the bed and then took a shower.  F came back a while after I was out. I had been working on a dish for dinner.  I got it to a stage where I could just put it in the fridge and did so. Yay me.

When he came home we talked about going for lunch.  Since I hadn’t eaten and he’d had something with his mother, I chose Hyakkenbori since I liked the look of their special lunch.  We went there, luckily they were still open.  I had the baked rolled chicken with a bun instead of rice and it was very nice.  F had cod soup and seemed to enjoy it a bit.  

After lunch, we sent off another batch of books and then F brought me home.  He came in for a few minutes and then left again. He had a couple of appointments.  

He called me around 5:30, but I thought that was still a bit early for dinner.  I was scanning postcards for my postcrossing account.  I hadn’t done it for a while.  And, I discovered that a card I received two days ago that I thought was a friendly card, was actually an official Postcrossing card…and I hadn’t registered it.  Yikes.  I was having a bad day and totally missed the card ID in the corner.  

When he came home we just relaxed for a while and then I began to cook.  I roasted some Brussels sprouts and sweet potato, then boiled some pasta.  We’d got some tortellini and some ravioli a few days ago and some special sauces for them.  I cooked them and basically everything came together and we had a nice meal.  The pasta was great and so were the sprouts and sweet potatoes.   

I volunteered to do dishes because I needed F to go and buy kerosene.  I couldn’t very well do it unless I rode my bicycle! I’d used a lot of dishes tonight serving dinner, so I was busy for a while.  Still, they got done.

F watched some telly for a while when he came home, and then I did.  I did some crochet during a show and made a couple of squares.  I probably should do some more blocking so that I don’t have a panic at the end!  

I have spent the last little bit tonight sending emails and checking on things that are part of my responsibilities as moderator of an on-line group.  I’ve been back and forth-ing with my sister too, that was fun.  

Anyway, I am done and it is my bedtime.  Hopefully things will go well tomorrow and I’ll be able to catch up with you in the evening.  Come back then.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: