January 23, 2017

Monday - Sunny and warm, snowy later on

A busy day.

I got up mostly on time today.  I had a hard time sleeping last night due to the caffeine I had drunk last night, so overslept a tad. Still, I got up, started the heater and went to the washroom.  While I was there, F popped home for a minute.  He left soon afterwards.

I had my usual tea and breakfast and then got started on dinner.  I made chicken vegetable soup, so I got started on it quite early.  I peeled and cut up a lot of veggies and then added a piece of chicken, some spices and put the lid on it all.  Done!  F came home a few minutes later for his lunch.

After his lunch, I went outside and shovelled out the rest of the snow in his parking space, as well as clearing some of the snow in front of the building.  When I finished, it was such a nice day, I didn’t want to go inside yet.  I walked to a nearby vending machine and bought a canned coffee.  I came in, drank it while it was still hot and then went and did the lobby sweeping.  

When I came in after that I took a shower and then blocked a few more squares.  I actually re-blocked the last ones I did too as I didn’t think they were done enough.  

Whew!  It was after 4pm and I hadn’t even had lunch yet.  I had a quick little snack and then got back to work.  I washed dishes and then took the chicken out of the soup, shredded it and then used my handy-dandy new handheld blender to puree some of the soup.  After that, I let it cook some more.

F didn’t get home until after 7pm, close to 7:30 I think.  The roads were bad and he’d had to visit his mother tonight.  I had things ready so when he arrived, waited for him to change his clothes and then we ate.  

The soup was pretty good, but F only had one bowl of it.  I had a couple.  Yum.  We had it with some salad and I used tortilla chips instead of croutons.  That was quite nice actually.

F did the dishes after dinner, which I would have let him off of actually.

In the evening I decided to try making a Pinterest recipe for London Fog.  Of course, I had to change it up.  I used soy milk instead of milk and I didn’t have any vanilla beans, so I used vanilla essence.  It did taste very nice however and I enjoyed it.  I’m not sure if F liked it as much, I hope so.

We had a very quiet evening.  F watched some TV that wasn’t annoying (actually I wished it was in English because I thought it looked interesting) and then I watched a couple of late night things.

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’ll get up to. I’m going to cook dinner again, and hopefully do some more sorting out of stuff during the day.  Wish me luck with that.   Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: