February 11, 2017

Saturday - Cold and snowy

A good day. I woke up quite early and thought F was still asleep.  However, he was awake when I came back to the bedroom.  I fell back asleep and when I woke again, he had gone.  

I got up and took a shower and dressed.  I waited around for him but had a cup of coffee which I really enjoyed.

When F did come home we decided to go to Hyakkenbori for lunch.  When we got there, we discovered that they had sold out of the lunch special.  Oh no!  I had really wanted it.  I had miso grilled fish today. It was good, but I don’t really like sweet fish.  

After our nice lunch, we went for coffee or tea to Aomoriya.  Oh, and tart too! It was quite nice today.  I had a piece of mixed fruit tart.  
Mixed Fruit Tart and Earl Grey Tea
We came home for a bit.  I was rather busy in the afternoon. I spent some time in the tatami room blocking squares for my baby blanket.  I ran out of pins before I ran out of squares! It took ages to pin the squares out, but I finally got 17 done.  
F asked that we go out for dinner, so I suggested yakiniku.  We went to our favourite place, Togashi and had a lovely meal.  We ordered lots of vegetables and not as much meat as you might expect, so the meal wasn’t terribly expensive.  

We came home and around 11 pm I went to the couch and did some crochet and then some knitting.  I made a mistake in my knitting and had to take some of it back, which was annoying!  

And really, that is about it for my day. It has been rather good, but I really should have got more done today.  


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow.  Part of it depends on F and what he wants to do.  I hope to do a little more blocking and hopefully some more crochet if I get time.  Come on back later on and see what happens.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: