March 11, 2017

Saturday - Cold and windy with dustings of snow

A good, productive day.

I got up this morning and found that F had been making bread and was basically snoozing on the couch.  I let him sleep for a while as I needed to use my computer, which I did.  

When he woke up, we did a little bit of packing each, and then we went out for lunch.  It was a bit odd, because F was completely mixed up about where we were planning to go, and drove us in the wrong direction.  We re-grouped and got there eventually.  We had a decent lunch and then ran some errands.  We needed some kerosene for the apartment and also needed to drop off some used ink cartridges for recycling.  We also went to a nice coffee shop and had some coffee too, since we didn’t have any with our meal.

We went home again and worked in different areas of the apartment for a few hours.  We got lots of stuff boxed up and gone through.  I went through a few of F’s boxes and sorted them out, and set out a few of my things to go to the house.  Fumihiko took a load over and when he came back we worked a little longer and then went for dinner.

F suggested going to Kitchen Futaba tonight so that’s what we did.  It was very nice.  We shared a nama ham salad, then each of us had an entree.  I had chicken confit, he had steak.  They were both great.  We even shared dessert tonight.

We came home after the grocery store, and took the night off.  I watched How to Get Away with Murder and did some square sewing together.  Now, I only have the two sides to join to the main piece, and then I must do the edging.  I’m practically almost done!  I did a few minutes of knitting afterwards too.

And that’s about it for my day.  F has just woken up, but I’m going to bed soon.  We might go out for breakfast if I can get myself out of bed early enough!

One thing I didn’t mention was that it is 6 years today since the big earthquake.  F and I decided not to go to the memorial ceremony.  We haven’t forgotten, nor do we want to, but for me, I need to start looking ahead, rather than back.  That’s my excuse anyway. 


Come back on Sunday night if you like and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: