March 9, 2017

Thursday - Rainy and cold

A good day.

I got up this morning and spent a little quality time on the couch.  I made myself some coffee again today and had some breakfast too.  After a while I made the bed then watched something else.  At 11:30-ish I took a shower.  F came home just a bit after noon for his lunch.

When he left to go back to work, I got out my slow cooker and set it up for the pulled pork.  I  put the sauce together and then set it and left it.  Yay!

I went into the “spare” bedroom and did quite a bit of tidying up and boxing up of stuff tonight.  I cleaned up a lot of my stamps, either boxed them up or put them in the cabinet, boxed up the inks and pens too.  I put them near the door to go to F’s house.  I grabbed a couple of boxes too and boxed up a bunch of my books.  I tried to put author’s works together, but it isn’t always possible.  I got a couple of boxes of books done.  There are more of course, but there always are!  

I had a late lunch, but it was quite nice.  I had some crackers with smoked duck and salad. Yum.  

F wasn’t late today as his driving assignment had been cancelled.  He went to his mother’s first and then came home.  He was exhausted.  The horrid change in the weather is affecting his back a lot.  

We had dinner and it was good.  I even gave F a break from the dishes, since I hadn’t done a lot of them today and he wasn’t doing well.  He took a nap on the couch and I woke him up before 10 pm because I wanted to sit on the couch too.

I went over to the couch for a couple of hours and finished sewing on one strip of the cream squares. I also made another strip the right side.  I think next time I do some sewing I’ll sew the last squares together in a strip and start joining them too.  

So that was my day basically.  I did quite a lot, but there is so much more to do.  I told F today that we both have a LOT of work to do this weekend.  The weather isn’t co-operating at all, sad to say.  It is still snowy out there.  

Tomorrow I am going to be boxing things up and cleaning and sorting.  I told F tonight that as far as food and stuff goes, if it is already expired, I’m going to toss it.  He’s very much a person who wants to keep things forever.  I’m much more cautious and will toss things after a while if I think it might be dangerous to consume.  

So, come back tomorrow and see how much I get done.  Wish me luck!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: