April 11, 2017

Moving Tales

Tuesday - Sunny in the morning, Rainy in the afternoon

A good day.

We got up this morning and went to the apartment.  F was faffing around with his iPhone and missed his usual conbini, so we went to the one closer to our apartment instead.  I didn’t mind, I think the coffee is better there anyway.

Once in the apartment I turned on the heater and huddled up in a big robe until I felt warmer.  I drank my coffee and watched the news too.  When I felt more awake and warm, I went through another one of F’s “boxes”.  As I did yesterday, I threw out junk and kept the good stuff. I kept a few things out to see if he really needed them, and after washing the box put everything back.  

I had breakfast a bit after ER today, but no worries.  I started sealing some of the boxes that I’ve had lying around for a while and put them in the hall.  F came home for lunch again, and this time I asked him to bring me something.  He did, a Korean style dish, tofu and meat and egg on rice.  It was really good, if a little spicy.  I waited until he left before I ate.  There aren’t a lot of seating areas at the moment! 

In the afternoon, I put on some of the TV shows from the DVR and then worked on a couple of things in the apartment.  First up, I boxed up the stereo that we never use in the corner, and then did a quick sweeping of all the dust underneath it.  Then, I started to tackle the kitchen shelf.  I’ve used a big rack as my pantry and it has been really good, if a bit crowded with stuff.  I got the top 3 shelves done before F finished work, which means I have the bottom one and then underneath to do when I start tomorrow.  Yay me.  

When F came to the apartment (still want to call it home), I made him some tea and then he called his mother.  She wanted some food tonight, and I needed some for tomorrow at the apartment, so F and I went to the grocery store.  We got her food, me food, and then F some beer.  

We dropped off my food first, then drove back to the house and gave F’s mum her food.  We unloaded the car and then F and I went out for dinner.  It was cheap and cheerful Gusto tonight.  We each had burgers, his was on rice with veggies, mine was a burger with a cooked tomato and cheese on it, plus salad.  It was good!

We came back to the house and relaxed upstairs.  I did a little bit of throwing old and crappy things out, which made me quite happy.  I also found a lot of things that I had forgotten about.  I found a lovely necklace that I can’t remember getting! F joked that it was a present from him to another girlfriend.  I still have a few things to toss.  With the sorting system of gomi here, I have to be careful to do it the right way.  I am also planning how to set up my half of the upstairs.  I want to have an office type space for my computer and printer/scanner, but I’d like to use the space efficiently.  There isn’t that much and we have a lot of stuff.  I have tons of books and DVDs.  My CDs are mostly sorted already, but I haven’t started on the books yet.  

Tomorrow I am back to the apartment and have to finish the rack.  I plan to bring back more clothes as well and work on clearing out the fridge since Thursday is the burnable garbage day.  Many things can go out…ba ha ha!!


Come back tomorrow if you dare and find out what I get up to.  Until then, then!  Night.

No comments: