April 13, 2017

Moving Tales

Thursday - Cold and rainy.  Clearer at night but colder too.

An odd day.

I woke up around 5 am and noticed that F wasn’t in bed, or in our room at all.  He came back and said that his back was sore and he hadn’t been sleeping.  I went back to sleep.

When my alarm went off before 7 I got up right away and went downstairs to the washroom.  I came back and F was still in bed.  He did get up then, and we got dressed.  

We left quite early this morning, grabbed our coffee at 7-11 and got to the apartment early enough for F to drop me off before the school zone time.  Yay.  I took out three bags of gomi this morning too.

Inside the apartment again, I got to work. I filled the kerosene tank, then cleaned the bathroom sink.  I did a bit of hand-washing and then did some laundry too.  I took down my dry laundry and folded it up and put it on the bed.  I did take a break from work during ER for my breakfast and tea. Before I hung up the new laundry, I decided to move a couple of things that were behind the drying rack.  I moved them into the living room and they became one of my day’s projects.  

I did laundry and also cleaned the bookcase and the rubber stamp case that I moved into the living room.  They look much better now.

F came home for lunch and was surprised at how much I had done.  He left again to go back to work and then I ate my lunch.  

I didn’t do quite as much after lunch, sad to say, as I was texting a friend, but I got a few things done.  I was going to put the coffeemaker away since I cleaned it yesterday, but discovered that it still had a bit of water in it.  Hopefully one more day will help that.  

I packed a suitcase with some of my clean clothes, although I didn’t fill it yet.  I also tried to make sure that I had enough clothes left for next week’s work.  I should still have.  

F was mostly on time today, but was very tired when he talked to me on the phone.  I started the kettle and when he arrived, I made us some coffee.  He promptly fell asleep, even before he drank any.  I let him sleep for almost an hour and then woke him up.  We had to get going since I was worried about his mother.  

He called her, but she’d already eaten.  We decided to go for gyudon and then pick up a few things later on at the store.  We went for gyudon, but ended up having a bibinba kind of thing.  I had a low carb version with konnyaku noodles instead of rice, F had a version with rice and an egg.  His was fine when it arrived, but the waiter had got my order wrong, so we sent it back.  It was good, but a little too spicy.

We visited the grocery store and picked up some things for his mother and for us too.  Then, we drove towards home.  On the way there, we passed the park and the lanterns were already lit up.  It looked lovely and festive, so F drove his car into the park.  We parked and walked around a little and took some pictures, but most of the trees haven’t started blooming yet.  The weather for the next few days is not going to be good, so we might not get a good chance to see the cherry blossoms.  

We came to F’s house and his mother was in bed of course.  We left the food for her in the kitchen and came upstairs.  After a bit of a snuggle, F went to sleep.  I am freezing and bored, the way I am a lot of the time lately.  

I feel like there is still so much to do at the apartment.  There really is, but F just isn’t pulling his weight. I can’t call to make arrangements for moving the furniture or to have the tatami seen to.  He isn’t doing it.  I bring items to the door to be taken back to his house, and F won’t bring them.  I don’t want to be doing this for another month.  Once things are out of the house, we’ll be able to start/finish cleaning it but I have no idea when things will be moved.  Every room still has furniture or things that need to be taken out of it.  I can clean bits, and will be working on that soon, but I have classes two days next week, so can’t really spend all of my time on it.  

I know things will probably be fine, but honestly, I’ve never had such a complicated move in my life.  I’ve probably never lived in one place as long either, which may have a lot to do with it.  Sigh.  And, it’s not like I even wanted to move here.  I don’t.  I hate it so far.  This isn’t my home and I don’t know if it will ever feel like home.  

Anyway, that’s it for me.  I’m not sure what will happen after F’s work on Friday.  I’m having lunch with a friend to talk about my classes next week, and then I’ll be back to the moving preparations I think.  Wish me well!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: