April 3, 2017

Moving Tales

Monday - Sunny in the morning, rainy later on.

A good day.

I got up this morning and left with F for his work.  K tried to give me some breakfast, but I really didn’t feel like rice as usual, so I went off with F.  He bought us a coffee on the way, he also got some breakfast for himself.  

At the apartment, I went in and turned on the heater and looked at the weather app on my phone.  The bad weather had been pushed back later so I decided that I would go to the movie after all.  I went by bicycle and got to the theater in good time.  Today I saw Maggie’s Plan.  It wasn’t a great film, but it had its moments.  I could see myself in the character at times.  I didn’t love the film, and I probably wouldn’t recommend it, but I didn’t hate it either.

After the film I went to a local bakery (but not the one in the theater as it was closed) and grabbed a few things then on to the grocery store for more lunch things and some garbage bags.  After that, it was home for me.  I changed and after a slow start got to work.  I didn’t do a lot today except laundry, but it had to be done.  I also moved a lot of our boxes in the apartment to the door area, plus got some of our garbage ready to go.  I also got some of the stuff out of the top of the closets in the bedroom and the tatami room.  

When F finally called to say he was coming I changed back into my nicer clothes and turned on the kettle.  I made us some coffee and we talked about what we were going to do.  F called his mother and she wanted some food, so we’d get that for her.  We decided not to take very much with us tonight, then loaded up what we were taking with us.  

We had dinner at the little Chinese restaurant on the corner, and had two dishes that we usually have, plus one that F choose.  It was a good choice for us, shrimp and egg on rice. I told F it was good for sick people, since it was easy to digest.  

We bought a few groceries at the store, mostly for K, but some for F too and then came to F’s house.  We came straight upstairs and didn’t even see K as she was asleep.  

Both of us are a bit sniffy with runny noses tonight.  I thought mine was from allergies, but since F has it too, I’m wondering if we have caught colds?  We haven’t been eating that well and definitely not getting enough sleep.  In fact, I’m thinking about having an early night tonight.  Wow!  Bet you never thought you’d hear me say that.  Anyway, tomorrow I’ll go back to the apartment and I’m going to make a special effort to get a lot done and ready to go.  It’s hard when F is so tired after work to ask him to take stuff out, but if I get a lot done, he might be willing to do it.  Fingers crossed anyway.

Come back later and find out how my Tuesday went!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: