March 26, 2017

Tales from the Move

Sunday - Sunny and warmer

A good day.

We all slept in a bit this morning.  I didn’t drag myself out of bed until 10 something-ish I think.  F and I were going to go over to the apartment and grab lunch on the way, but his mother asked us if we’d like to go out, so we went out together.  She wanted ramen but I don’t eat that, so we ended up going to a Japanese restaurant near a shopping centre.  It was okay and she was able to have soba so was quite happy with that.  After lunch, we did some shopping together and then dropped her off back at the house.

F and I went to the apartment and got to work.  He did a lot of boxing and cleaning, I really hope that he didn’t just pack up all his old crap.  I kind of think he did though.  I boxed up a lot of the Kitchen stuff, and a lot of the stuff in our bedroom, my stuff that is.  I have a bit left to do, but more and more of our stuff is coming over here.  Around 7 pm we quit for the night.  We needed a break!

We brought stuff to the house and put some of our stuff in the rooms over here.  The kitchen has a lot of extra things now, I’m not sure where they are all going to go after I de-box them.  

After a few minutes, F and I left to go and have dinner.  I had suggested going to the Good Luck Cafe on Ginza-dori.  I am feeling the need for some vegetables and a change of scenery.  We went there, it wasn’t busy and got a nice assortment of food.  We had some ajillo, which was my favourite dish of the night, plus some lettuce with bacon and parmesan in it, then a salad, and finished with a plate of broccoli and shrimp tomato cream pasta.  It was all quite good.  F had a beer taste drink, not a real beer, but seemed to enjoy it.  

We came home via a convenience store where he bought himself a real beer and then we came to our rooms.  I suggested watching a movie and we watched something on my computer and did a bit of crochet.  I finished my little blanket, except for darning in the ends.  I think it looks fabulous in all honesty!  I’ll post pictures when it is really finished.  

F has fallen asleep and it isn’t even midnight.  Today is the 20th anniversary of the day I left Canada.  I wonder if I would have left if I had known what the next twenty years would bring?
Tomorrow I’m off to the apartment again to do more boxing, sorting, packing and cleaning.  I’m so looking forward to it!  Actually, in a way I am.  I enjoy getting rid of things and finding old treasures.  Today I found things that I didn’t know that I had lost!  That’s a good feeling.  

So, that’s it for me.  I am going a bit crazy with no internet, but there’s not much I can do about it.  Luckily, I can keep in touch with most things over my phone, but I still feel like I’m missing out!


Talk to you all later I hope!  Night night!

No comments: