March 31, 2017

Tales from the Move

Friday - Cloudy but pleasant

A good day.

We did our usual get up early and drive to the convenience store this morning.  I really enjoy my morning coffee.  F dropped me off at the apartment this morning and then went on his way to work.

I’m afraid that I didn’t do too much this morning.  I did a couple of loads of laundry for F and a couple for myself, and hung it all up.  I took down my dry stuff and folded it up, stuffed some of it in my suitcase too.  

F came to the apartment with his lunch, and heated up his noodles in the microwave. They were in a plastic container and he put it on for 6 minutes.  When the time was up, the container had melted over the noodles!  He still ate them, said they were fine.  I would probably have thrown them out personally, but then again, I wouldn’t have been eating noodles in the first place!

I took a shower and then headed off to see if my hairdresser would have time for me.  When I got there, she said she was meeting with someone and asked me to come back in 30 minutes, which I did.  I went to S-Mall and just hacked around for a bit.

I didn’t take a photo with me this time as they were packed/my printer is packed, so I just asked her to cut my hair in the same way as usual.  She did a lovely job and I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep!  After she shampooed my hair, she noticed that she had missed one of the hairs above my ears so tried to cut it. Unfortunately, my hair is fine and light so it was hard to see.  By the time she picked up her scissors, she couldn’t find the hair again!  I just laughed, and then we were both laughing.  She’s a fun person.

When she was finished with me I looked better and felt a lot better.  I paid and walked back to the mall.  I had a soy latte at Doutors and waited for F to call me. He didn’t, so after an hour I walked home again.

At the apartment I decided to do a few things and tried piling up empty boxes in one corner of the tatami room.  I got a few done, but F was on his way by then.

He brought in some kerosene for us and then went to his house to deliver some for his mother and also to take her some food.  

When he came back to the apartment he had lost his wallet.  He was going to go looking for it, but I said that I had enough cash to pay for the Internet Cafe.  We drove over there and were lucky enough to get a massaging chair each.  Yay.  

I watched Castle and Numbers…dozed a little, and also knitted a little too.  A few minutes before our 3 hour limit was up, I roused F who was watching wrestling.  We checked out and then came to F’s house.  

At the house, F looked and looked and looked for his wallet.  He didn’t find it, so decided to drive over to the apartment again.  He didn’t find it there either.  He searched the car and finally found it.  It had fallen under his seat and he wasn’t able to see it in the dark.  Hurray.  I’m glad that mystery had a happy ending.  

Unfortunately, when F had been to the house earlier, he had forgotten to turn on the heater in our room, so it is quite cold.  I’m all bundled up in sweatpants and sweatshirts and fuzzy socks.  I have my coat around my shoulders and my quilt around my body. And I’m still cold.

Tomorrow I am not sure what we’ll get up to.  I am hoping to go back to the apartment and make F make some phone calls to book things like tatami makers and moving vans.  His mother may have other ideas, however!  I hope that I’ll be able to update tomorrow night.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: