May 1, 2017

Monday - Sunny and Warm

A great day!

I woke up early this morning and F and I decided to ask his mum if she’d like to join us for breakfast.  She would, so we drove to the local Gusto. It didn’t open until 9, so we drove to the farther away one and had a nice breakfast.  We dropped her off afterwards and F was driving me to the apartment when he got a call from the doctor’s office. They told him he was late for his appointment!  Yikes.  Since we were stopped for the lights AND at a turning point for F to get to the doctor’s office, I jumped out of the car and let F get to where he needed to be as soon as possible.  

I had a lovely walk to our apartment.  The weather was nice and it was just nice to be out and about.  When I got to the apartment I watched ER, put on the water pot and made myself comfortable.  When ER was over, I put watched Devious Maids…it was the last episode of the third season.  It was fun.  I had been relaxing for a while when I realized that I was supposed to take a shower. Oops.  I did that.

When F called me, he told me that the doctor’s office had made a mistake this morning.  They called him by mistake!  Someone with a similar name was scheduled for the same test and they got the names mixed up.  After F was done at the doctor, he picked up his mother again and took her to her doctor.  Then, he took her for a bit of lunch.  

We went to city hall to change our addresses officially.  I just kept my mouth closed and didn’t say much since I didn’t understand what was going on anyway.  It was easy, and we didn’t fight!

We went for lunch to the new fish restaurant on main street. It was good!I had a donburi with lots of salmon on it, F had a mixture of fish. We’ll be back I’m sure.  

F then went to the police station to change his driver’s license and then we were off to Sakata. Yay.  We made a brief stop in a shopping mall, and then hit up Starbucks.  My friend and her children were already there, so I grabbed drinks for F and I and joined them.  I gave my friend her present for the new baby and her son a present for being the big brother and then we spent a lovely couple of hours chatting and catching up.  

We had to break up the party after a while and be on our way.  F and I stopped at an electronic shop to make a purchase and then it was dinner time.  F suggested a very fancy restaurant so we went there.  It was gorgeous.  The food was amazing and we had a great time.  I had steak, F had fish and it was really, really nice.

After our meal we walked back to the car, then drove towards home.  We stopped at Don Quihote in Mikawa for a few things and then did come back to the house.  I’ve spent the last few hours catching up on email and blogging.  

It was a lovely day today, much nicer than I expected it to be.  I hope that this is the start of a good month.  Fingers crossed!


Come back later and see how my week goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: