May 22, 2017

Monday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

We woke up this morning and got up.  F was up long before I was. It was rather hard to get up this morning for me.  My nose was running, running this morning, and in fact all day.  I think it was allergies, whether from pollen or from too much milk, I’m not sure.  

F dropped me over at the apartment and I had a quiet morning in.  I took a shower and then had some breakfast. I watched a bit of telly too.  My friend arrived just after 11:15 and we went off for lunch.  

We went to the Daiichi Hotel and had their buffet lunch.  Yes, I just had it on Saturday, but it was a little different today, and was fine.  My friend had her baby with her so we needed a quiet place that wouldn’t mind if the baby started to cry.  A few minutes after we were seated, another couple of women came in with a stroller and they were seated near us.  We thought it wouldn’t matter if either of the babies started to cry as we’d all be understanding about it.  However, the babies were very quiet.  Yay.

We chatted for a while, then did a bit of a shop around the mall, and finally ended up at the coffee shop.  We had some iced coffee and then it was time to go our separate ways.  My friend drove me back to the apartment.

In the apartment, I changed out of my nice clothes and packed up the dehumidifier.  I cleaned a bit of it too.  When it was back in the box, I moved it near the door.  

There wasn’t that much else I could do in a short time, so I stopped and waited for F to finish work.  

When he did, he looked shattered.  He said he was very tired.  We had some coffee and chocolate and then he felt well enough to get on with things.  He put the box in the car and then we went to Gusto for dinner.

Gusto had just had a facelift!  They had made the restaurant look quite nice again, updating it and putting in some new drink machines.  We had a fairly nice dinner.  I had a burger with avocado on salad, F had an udon salad that he said he liked.  

After dinner, we visited a grocery store to pick up something for K’s dinner. I got a drink for the house, and some cold coffee for the apartment tomorrow. It’s going to be hot again I think. 

We came back to the house and came upstairs.  F didn’t suggest a walk tonight and I didn’t want to go anyway.  My nose is still running a lot.  I even took allergy medicine today but it didn’t work that well.  Sigh.

So, that’s about it for me.  Tomorrow I hope to get something done in the apartment, perhaps get a few more things ready to go out the door.  Come back later and see if I accomplish my mission!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: