May 27, 2017

Saturday - Sunny, rainy at night.

A busy day.

This morning F and I had to go to the doctor.  We slept in a little bit and then left for the doctor’s office.  We stopped at a convenience store to get “breakfast”, then went on our way.  Things were okay at the doctor’s office.  I got a lot of knitting done, so that was good.

Afterwards, F invited his mother out for lunch so we went to Hyakkenbori.  It was very nice there, as usual and I enjoyed lunch a lot.  I think we all did.

After lunch, F dropped his mother off at the house and the two of us went to the apartment and got very busy.  I washed the windows in the bedrooms. I asked F to take them out and I washed the insides again, and the outsides too.  They look very good.  F found the windows to be very heavy, so there was no wonder that I couldn’t lift them out myself.  After I finished the windows, I worked on finishing the walls in the spare bedroom.  I moved the closet and got the walls behind it.  I also cleaned the outside of the closet too.  

F wasn’t slacking at all today either.  What was he doing?  He cut up our couch.  Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but since it broke a while ago, there is no point in us moving it to the house.  There would be no way we could move it either, so we decided that we should break it up and dispose of it that way.  It was a lot of work and made a huge mess everywhere!

We stopped working around 7:30 and then went and got a bento for F’s mother.  F changed clothes too as he hadn’t brought spare clothes with him and what he had one was soaking wet.  

We went to the Internet Cafe again and spent the next 3 hours in the chairs.  I drank a lot of coffee and was upset because the TV in my booth didn’t get my favourite channel.  I found out afterwards that F’s TV was fine, so we could have swapped booths and I would have been quite happy.  Oh well.

I did a bit more knitting and watched a lot of stuff on YouTube, none of it was very good or important.

We came home before midnight and that was our day.  Tomorrow we’ll be going back to the apartment to get more things ready for the movers coming on Monday.  Yikes.  I really want this move to be over, but I don’t know what’s going to happen when it is.  


And that was my day.  Come back later if you so choose and find out about Sunday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: