June 13, 2017

Tuesday - Sunny and warm

An odd day.

We got up this morning and left for the apartment.  F went past the convenience store and then turned around and came back.  That surprised me a tad!

He let me off near the apartment and I walked up the driveway.  I started the waterpot, sat on the chair and promptly fell asleep.  I didn’t wake up properly for hours.  I was quite upset with myself.  

I roused myself and did a couple of things, then decided to go out for lunch.  I chose to go to a local place that has a meal I really like.  Well, long story short, they don’t have it anymore. I am so disappointed.  It was the only thing in the restaurant that I could eat, since it is run by a farm that grows tomatoes.  Sigh.  I told the waitress that I was sorry, but I was allergic to tomatoes and left. 

As I came out of the building, I got a call from F. He told me that the apartment inspection is going to be tomorrow!  We were planning to ask them to come on Friday, but they will be there tomorrow.  Apparently it is the first of two.  One before and one as we are leaving.  It sort of makes sense, but is really annoying.  

I went to Sukaze for lunch since they stayed open a bit later than most restaurants.  It wasn’t too busy so I could get a table for myself.  I had broccoli and clam pasta and it was lovely. I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t cheap, but it was good.

I went home via the convenience store afterwards and bought a few things, then went back to the apartment and started working on things.  I boxed a few things up to get them ready and moved them to the door.  I took a break and then I got busy again.  I decided to clean the top of the genkan shoe box and then I worked on the outside of the door.  F came back while I was doing that and instead of saying something nice to me, didn’t say anything at all.  

He went inside and started being an idiot again and putting things away where I didn’t want them.  I asked him if we were supposed to clear everything out of the apartment and he said we were.  So, I took him at his word and boxed up the food, my work clothes and a whole bunch of other things.  Then he told me he didn’t mean the food. Or the stools.  ARGH.  Didn’t tell me what he meant though.

We left the apartment around 8 pm and went to Gusto for dinner.  It wasn’t bad at all. It wasn’t too exciting either though!

We came back to the house and that was that.  It wasn’t really a good day, but the good thing is that it does look like we’ll be out of the apartment soon.  I need to get on with my life and decide what that means for me.  I have a lot to think about really.  

Come back later and find out how the inspection goes, as well as everything else.  Until tomorrow….


Kentucky Lady said...

Congratulations! The cleaning is almost over. I'm sure you will be glad to be done and over. Are the inspectors that picky? Do you have plans for the future? Teaching? Hope you are close enough to town (city) to bike or walk or bus and get out during the day. Take care and don't stress!

Helen said...

The inspectors are a bit picky, but the woman who visited today wasn't too bad really. She told us that other people have had problems with certain areas of the apartment as we did too. Whew! We do have a few things to do, but are mostly done. They will do the next inspection after we leave. Hurray!