June 14, 2017

Wednesday - Sunny and warm

A good day!

We got up this morning and left for work and the apartment.  F dropped me off and I went to the apartment.  I had a very slow start to the day, I snoozed for a bit before having breakfast and doing a bit of knitting.  

F called to say that he’d come there for lunch which annoyed me a tad as I didn’t think he’d be able to do that and I had planned for him not to come!  I was in the midst of getting ready to wash the floor again.  I was sweeping and vacuuming before I washed things.  I got the toilet room, genkan and half of the bathroom done, then did the bedrooms.  I changed the water along the way and had done half of the kitchen when F came.  He had some noodles and I took a break!

He went back to work and then I did more washing. I got the kitchen, living room, and half of the hallway done.  I couldn’t really finish until he came back from lunch to get me.  When he arrived, I very quickly did the rest of the floor and we left.

We had a quick, cheap and cheerful lunch at Kappa Sushi and then came back to the apartment.  The floor was mostly dry, but not completely!  F did a few spot things like taking things out of the apartment and I did some last minute vacuuming before the inspection person came.  It was a youngish woman who was very nice and efficient.  Basically there aren’t too many problems.  The mould problems we had had apparently aren’t as bad as in some of the apartments so we are okay that way.  We do have to take down the air conditioner.  F was hoping to leave it, but she said we couldn’t.  

She left and we relaxed for a little while.  It’s quite bittersweet for us.  After a while I suggested going to karaoke and I was surprised that F agreed.  

We drove to the newish place near the station and got free time.  Because we’re older, we got a slight discount.  Woot!  We had fun, sang for almost 3 hours and even had our dinner there.  

We bought a bento for K from the grocery store near the karaoke and went back to the house.  We unloaded the car and then came upstairs.  I watched TV for a while and…wrote up a Postcrossing card.  Just one, but I haven’t done any since February.  I have missed it so much.  This card is going off to Russia.  I hope it gets there.  

And that’s about it.  It’s nearly my bed time.  F was asleep, but woke up, took medicine and is back to sleep.  Tomorrow I think I’ll take my computer to the apartment and work on my column.  I also probably have a lunch date so I have something to look forward to.  Come back in a bit and see what happens.  Until tomorrow…. 


Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

So glad to read I am in good company with letting Postcrossing lag. Moving house and Postcrossing don't mix, do they.
We lucked out and were able to leave all four AC's in our old house. Very thankful for that.
You must be glad to have the inspection over and done with. Now to get settled in your new place.

Helen said...

No, Postcrossing and moving doesn't mix. I still don't have my computer set up properly at the house, and my incoming cards are still in a box that is holding up a makeshift table in our bedroom. It makes things difficult!

Yes, settling in is important. I have no idea how long it is going to take though. I worry that it is going to take a very long time! I hope unpacking doesn't take too long...ha ha!

Thanks for visiting :-)