June 21, 2017

Wednesday - Rainy

A good day!

I got up and went out with F again this morning.  I didn’t go into the convenience store this morning, because I was planning to go somewhere that had a drink bar.  Today, I got F to drop me off at the Internet Cafe.  I got a massaging chair and spent almost 3 hours there.  I had some tea and some coffee, also breakfast and then it was time to go.  I snoozed a little, I must admit, but I was tired.  The massaging chair felt really nice today, after yesterday’s hard work.

Around 10:30 I roused myself and made my way over to the station. I bought a ticket and caught the train with lots of time to spare.  Woot!  The train ride to Sakata was nice and quiet and I did a  couple of rows of my knitting.  When I got off the train in Sakata and went out to meet my friend, she wasn’t there yet, so I just waited for her.  She’s on baby time, so I wasn’t worried. 

We decided to go and have lunch at a new cafe she knew of, but it wasn’t open today. Instead, we went to the Senbei Factory and had a very yummy lunch and lots of lovely conversation.  I bought a few souvenirs there for F and I, and maybe for a friend.  We decided to decamp to Doutors and have more conversation.

At Doutors, some of the customers were admiring my friend’s baby and asked her if I was my friend’s mother! Ack!  Nope, just friends.

I caught the train handily and had a fairly quiet ride back to Tsuruoka. I did more knitting and even saw a heron or two out the window.  Very nice! Back in Tsuruoka I tried to buy my tickets for next month’s  trip, but they wouldn’t sell me the return trip one yet so decided to wait. I walked to S-Mall and had a walk around before F called me.  

We went to Doutors and had a drink each and a quick use of the wifi.  After that, it was off to the car dealership to see about the problem with his GPS machine. It isn’t working at the moment.  Since the car is only 3 months old, that seems a bit strange.  

F was demanding dinner again and for me to pick the restaurant, but tonight I suggested going to one of the fish restaurants that he likes.  It was a good idea and he seemed quite happy for a change.  I didn’t mind either, so it was a win-win situation.  We both had a tuna donburi and shared some octopus tempura.  

We hit up a grocery store after the meal for K’s bento, then realized that I would need food for tomorrow too.  I got stuff for breakfast and also for lunch.  I got enough for two days as well, so I can either share with K if she is interested, or I can have the same thing twice.  

And that’s about it.  We came back to the house, unpacked our groceries and then came upstairs.  I watched a bit of TV, F showered and then went to sleep.  Tomorrow will be the first day in ages that I haven’t got to get up and go out with him.  I’m not sure how K and I will get on together tomorrow.  I need to work on my column and my rooms!  I need to start unpacking, do some laundry and if the weather allows, go for a walk! 

Come back later and find out how I manage.  Until tomorrow….


Kentucky Lady said...

So glad to read "rooms." Maybe a living room style and bedroom? That way you could have your own retreat upstairs. I hate moving! So many, many boxes. But you have time to fix up the way you would like.

Hope the weather holds out and you can take a nice walk.

Just one day at a time.

Thinking of you and sending good karma!

Helen said...

The rooms up here are quite small. My intention is to eventually make them into a living room and a bedroom, but right now it is a bedroom and a lot of boxes! Hopefully in time it will come together. Thank you for your good wishes :-)