July 26, 2017

Wednesday - Hot and sunny, gorgeous day

A good day!

I woke up with F this morning and saw him off. I took a little snooze afterwards and then watched the news.  I went downstairs after a bit and did breakfast for K and I.  The only bad thing was F and I hadn’t bought groceries last night, so we hadn’t replaced the granola for K.  I gave her some of mine…I poured the milk on early and then zapped it in the microwave to soften it a little more.  She seemed to like it so that was good.

I had a quiet morning, watched a bit of TV and mostly got caught up with where I was before my trip.  I think I have one or maybe two shows left to watch.  When I went down around 12:30 to prepare lunch for myself, K surprised me and said that she’d like some too.  It wasn’t a problem, so we had some cold corn cream soup, some tofu, some salad and sea-chicken and then some tinned peaches for afterwards. It was quite good, even if it was all from cans or the grocery store.  I did the dishes and came upstairs again.  

I did some cleaning up today and even unpacked a box or two.  I boxed up some of my winter stuff to make room in my drawers as well.  I will have to remember to get it down sometime as well!

F called to tell me that he’d be late, and I realized that I needed to go and get stamps for my Postcrossing.  I had 20 minutes before the local post office closed.  I quickly changed my clothes and went off on my bike.

I made it with 10 minutes to spare, bought my stamps and then went to a convenience store that is a bit out of the way. I had a drink and a snack and then headed back to the house.  At the house, K offered me a Mr. Freezie kind of thing, but I said maybe later.  

I came upstairs and after a few minutes on my computer came very close to taking a nap.  I was was just about asleep, lying on the bed, when F called to say he was on his way home. 

After a few minutes of him being here, we discussed where to go for dinner.  We finally decided on the Grand El Sun, and drove there.  When we got there, the parking lot was full.  We couldn’t even get in.  They probably had their beer garden tonight.  We thought of a couple of other places, but ended up at Junior Paper Moon.  It was a good choice.  It tends to be a little pricy, but both of us had our dinner from the specials menu and the prices were pretty reasonable.  F had unagi and foie gras on rice, I had grilled pork with kabocha gnocchi and nuts.  Both dishes came with soup, salad and dessert…mine had two small buns with it.  They were good!  Very nice stuff.

After the meal, we went off to McDonald for a little free wifi.  I had a lot of problems getting it to work for me, in fact, I had given up when it started working for me.  F hadn’t charged his battery in his phone, so he had a hard time doing anything.

We picked up some groceries and then came back to the house.  I watched Grey’s Anatomy and did a bit of crochet, F snoozed a bit.  

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, so I should get on with it.  I would like to do more crochet and also a bit more tidying up.  I need to work on culling some of my clothes too.  I won’t be able to buy anything new unless I get rid of some of them!

So, come back in a bit and see what Thursday brings.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: