July 30, 2017

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

We had a good day today.  F and I both slept in this morning.  I went downstairs to use the loo before 10 and came back and told F that his mother was making toast.  He told me that he’d got up around 5 am and had set the bread maker, it was his bread that I smelt!  It was nearly ready and he brought me up a piece.  Yum.  Very nice.

We talked about what to do, and ended up going out for lunch with K.  After that, we drove to Atsumi Onsen and went to an Ashi-yu or foot onsen.  They have them in some of the streets, they are free to use and kind of nice.  We used one outside a cafe and then went in a few minutes and had drinks.  I had iced coffee and F and K had iced chai.  They thought theirs was too sweet, mine was fine.  

K didn’t want to explore any more of the Ashi-yu, so we drove back to Tsuruoka.  F and I relaxed for a bit at the house, and then he wanted to go out.  We checked about food for his mother, but she didn’t want any.  We went to a drugstore first and got a few supplies for the house, then we went to a karaoke box!   I hadn’t been to this one before, it was new to me.  F had been there for a work party a few years ago.  We had dinner there too.  F had ramen, even though I told him he wouldn’t like it.  He didn’t.  Mine was fine!  I had pork and kimchi on rice…yum.  We shared some french fries which were kind of nice.

We came back to the house via the grocery store so I could get a few things for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. We came upstairs and watched the second part of Twin Peaks the return.  It was super strange and the pacing seems so slow!  I am not sure how many episodes there will be, but I hope it gets better soon.  


F has finally gone to bed, but I don’t think he’s asleep.  I’m not terribly tired yet, but need to get some sleep soon.  Come back later if you will and see what happens on Monday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: