August 16, 2017

Wednesday - Cloudy and warm

A good day, mostly.

I woke up a couple of times in the night feeling that my nose was sore.  This morning, I woke up with a runny nose.  Sigh.  

I had a quiet morning really.  I made some coffee early on for myself, ran over to the garage to get the rest of my clothes that were dry, and prepared breakfast for K and myself.  

After breakfast, I worked on the blanket that I have been making.  I tried a couple of edgings but ended up just going with something simple instead.  

I went downstairs for lunch and today K asked for lunch with me, but also asked for a small one because she was going out.  That wasn’t a problem and it was easier that she asked me to make it smaller instead of me worrying about how much food to give her.  We had salad and sliced chicken and a bit of tofu, after I finished and did up the dishes, I prepared a couple of sandwiches for myself.  I took them upstairs and had a little feast. 

K went off for the afternoon, I worked on my blanket.  I finally got the pink edging done and then I darned in the ends.  No problem.  I took a couple of pictures of it so that I could show it off and then got on with other things.  

I made up the two postcards from last night, I scanned them and even wrote a third card too.  I scanned an incoming card and then uploaded them to the web.  

K came back around 5 pm and I went to say hello.  I came right back upstairs after though!  

F was back a little earlier tonight and I told him that I probably have a cold.  Sigh.  We talked about dinner and he suggested a gyudon shop.  That’s where we went, with K.  We all had different dishes, but they were quite nice really.  We dropped K back at the house and then went to Doutors for a little coffee and wifi.  I got a decaf soy latte, F had a cafe latte and both of us were happy.  The store was going to close soon, as was the mall, so we drank up and left about 7:50.  I mentioned to F that I wanted a big basin, so we ran to the hundred yen shop and got one.  

We left the mall and went to the grocery store. I needed a few things for my breakfast and lunch tomorrow.  I got them, we got some drinks and then came back to the house.

At the house I noticed a movie on just about to start so I watched it.  At 11 pm, I watched Grey’s Anatomy and then restarted my old poncho project.  I darned a few ends in, that’s all I did on it.  There are many, many more to go.  

And that’s about it.  My day, the long winded version.  It was nice to go to Doutor and it was nice to get the blanket done.  Tomorrow I plan to wash it and hopefully when it is dry I’ll be able to get it to the new owner!  
My version of the Baby's Best Bumpy Blanket

The edging.  Simple but effective I think.
Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: