August 19, 2017

Saturday - Hot, cloudy and then rainy

A good day.

F and I both got up this morning later than usual, but still early for a Saturday.  After some computer checking for me, we got dressed and went out.  He dropped me off at S-Mall and then he went off to his doctor.  

I visited a couple of shops and even bought a couple of things in the hundred yen shop.  The mall was busy today as there was a concert of sorts going on and a meet and greet with the band.  It was also Tsuruoka’s fireworks day, so the mall was preparing for that.  They open up their roof and allow people to watch from there.  It gives some of their shops the chance to sell to customers in a different way and adds to the fun.  

I went to Doutors to wait for F and was lucky enough to get a table for myself.  I had a late breakfast and drank some coffee and read my book. I enjoyed myself.  F took ages in the doctor’s office and didn’t call me until after 12:30. He came to get me, but stopped and had coffee and a sandwich too.  

We went for a very late lunch to the new sushi restaurant.  We had a crazy amount of sushi and tried different things today too.  F won a magnet with the dropping plates lottery.  

We came back to the house after lunch and came upstairs.  F took a nap and then later I did too.  I set my alarm for 6 pm however and got up then.

We drove to Mikawa and then had lunch at the Bibinba stall.  While we were there, we noticed that we could see the fireworks in the distance, so moved our trays over to the window seats and watched them a bit.  I missed the noise more than anything, but actually didn’t mind missing the fireworks at all.

We went to see Spider-man: Homecoming again.  I had missed part of it last week in Niigata due to an unfortunately timed washroom break on my part and there wasn’t anything else playing that we hadn’t seen.  

We both enjoyed seeing the film again.  After the movie it was late, but I asked F if we could go over to Don Qihote to pick up a few things for my trip.  We went over and had a bit of a look around.  We left with two bags of stuff!  It was fun though.

We came back to the house and F went to sleep quite soon.  I’m up much too late, so I should really get myself off to sleep.  So, I will!

No idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow.  Come on back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: