September 1, 2017

Friday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.  

I had a pretty average morning. I got up to a chilly room, said goodbye to F and then fell back asleep until my second alarm. I got up, made some tea, watched the news and then went downstairs and made breakfast for K and I. I went back upstairs afterwards and got ready to leave. I did a couple of internet searches and such.  

I left the house around 11:40. It turned out to be much too early. It took me about 5 minutes to walk to the bus stop and then I had the problem of having to hang around in the hot sun while I waited for the bus.  Finally, it came.  It was a few minutes late but it was nearly empty.  I found a seat and listened to some podcasts while I was on the bus.  My original plan was to get off at S-Mall, but I realized I could just go to the post office from the station, so I did that.  

The post office was a great way to waste 25 minutes or so.  I had to do a few things. I renewed my membership, but because the form I had copied wasn’t the same size as the official one, the guy had to figure out the real size and re-copy it. I did offer to write it out in English again, but I couldn’t do the kanji on the form.  He said it was okay.  So, he wasted a lot of time doing that. I also deposited some coins into my account and then I bought a couple of Gotochi cards.  Whew!

I walked back to the station area to the new restaurants, but decided not to go in after all. The pasta restaurant had a course meal on offer for ¥3000, or the main dishes started at ¥1000 and the salads were really expensive too. I decided to go to the mall and try there! 

On the way to the mall I decided to try a cheaper place first and if they didn’t have the special I like, I’d go to the hotel and have their buffet. Well, I did go to the buffet and it was okay. I ate quite a bit, but not too too much! I left a little after 2:30 and went back to the mall and did a little bit of shopping and looking around. 

When it was almost 4 pm, I walked over to my hair dresser and had my hair cut.  As usual, I really like what she did to my hair and I walked back to the mall on cloud 9!

Back in the mall, I bought a magazine for my niece and then went to the coffee shop and had a drink.  I knew that F would be finished work in a bit, so just thought I’d wait there for him.  He called in a few minutes and came and picked me up. We bought a couple of things for his mother and delivered them.  

When we got back to the house, we noticed that there was an amazing sunset so F went to take pictures and I went inside.  F came in and got changed, I changed a bit too, and then we were off again.  

We went to the Internet Cafe again and had our dinner there. We were able to get massaging chairs and I just relaxed. I watched some normal telly and of course Castle, so I was happy. We left just after 10 pm.

We stopped at a convenience store on the way back and got some drinks, then came back to the house.  I watched a little more TV, F played on his phone for a while.  

I’m up listening to the playlist that I’m making for my trip. It’s rather good, but I think the last song needs to be changed. I like it, but it is rather a big change from some of the other stuff I’ve put in it.  I need to fix it somehow!

And that’s about it for my day. There are a few things that I didn’t mention, my women’s group is having a bit of a crisis about our Journal, the same one I write a column for. It seems that I needn’t have bothered getting it in early as it has been delayed for now. Sigh.

Anyway, not too sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I think you had better come back and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: