September 11, 2017

Monday - Cloudy and rainy and muggy

A good day.

I got up this morning and did my usual things.  I filled up my water pot and had a couple of cups of tea.  I sorted my laundry so I could wash it after breakfast. 

I had breakfast with K, just cereal again, but it was nice.  I did the dishes and then did my laundry.  While my clothes were washing, I also worked on my packing.  I hope I can pack enough of the things I want to take with me! 

I did lunch today with K as well, it was our leftover nabe from Friday and I heated it up.  It was rather good, and it was nice to have something warm again.

In the afternoon I did a few things upstairs, including working on my suitcase. I watched a bit of TV, I made some labels for my suitcase and I sent off an email to a friend. Oh, I also did some moderating work.

F called to say he’d be late, and he was. He didn’t come home until after 6:30.  We decided to go and see a movie tonight, so had to get K something for her dinner.  We did that, delivered it, and then had to see about our dinner.

Tonight, I suggested going to the place near the main post office.  F likes it and it isn’t too expensive. They use local ingredients too.  We went and for ages were the only customers.  I had kara-age and F had a curry dish. His looked really good, mine was okay.

We finished up our day by going to see a movie at Machinaka Kinema. It was a Ken Loach film called “I, Daniel Blake”.  It was good, as his films usually are, and quite funny in places, but also sad.  I think we both liked it a lot.  It was a bit about the rat race of being unemployed and needing benefits but not being able to get them because of bureaucracy. 

We came back to the house and I spent a few minutes preparing the plastic garbage to go out.  I even took it out to the garage and sorted out what was there.  I came back in and after a bit of telly went and took my shower.  

Really, that’s about it for today.  I wrote a few postcard entries on my other blog so that I could leave it for a while.  It’s hard to believe that this time next week I’ll be somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.  Crazy!


Anyway, F is off work tomorrow and we have plans so I must away.  Come back Tuesday night and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: