September 15, 2017

Friday - Colder and rainy

A good day.

We were woken up a little early today by the warning sound from our phones.  Yes, today North Korea sent another missile over Northern Japan.  At least they waited until 7 am to do it…only a few minutes earlier than we had to wake up.  I switched on the news and then stayed up for a change. F went off to work. 

I watched the news and the first part of my silly teen drama then went downstairs and had breakfast.  Unusually, I didn’t see K at all. I cleaned up the kitchen from F’s big bread making of the day before. He’d left everything as it was when he took the bread out of the machine. I got the table tidy again, put away the dishes in the drainer and wiped off the table. K still hadn’t appeared, so I ate in the kitchen. I washed those dishes and then went back upstairs.

I watched some TV off the DVR and did a bit of stuff on the internet. I worked on packing my backpack or at least deciding what I should put in it.  When it was around 12:45, I went down again to see about lunch.  K was finally moving around but she refused lunch.  No problems.  I had some soup, salad, and cut up chicken breast too.  I brought it all upstairs and ate up here.  I turned on the TV and discovered that NHK was running August Rush, a film that I just love, so I was a happy camper!  I watched the film and after I finished lunch, I put a few last minute things in my suitcase.  

F visited the house for a few minutes after 3 and brought me an ice cream.  Actually, he brought two, but I asked if we could share one since I didn’t want to have too much food/milk.

F got back around 5:45 tonight and we discussed what to do with ourselves.  I mentioned the Internet Cafe and he was okay with that.  He suggested going to a Gyudon Shop for dinner and I was okay with that.  We took K with us and had a nice and quite cheap meal, then brought her home again. 

F and I went to the Internet Cafe and were lucky enough to get massaging chairs.  We spent the next 3 hours there.  I watched regular TV, got to see the ER where Mark and Elizabeth get married, and then Castle which was really good as usual.  
After our 3 hours were up, we came back to the house.  It’s quite chilly here, but things have been friendly.  I’m getting things ready for going to Canada. I’ve given F a schedule for my TV recording as I can only schedule things a week in advance. I’m sure he’ll forget about it, but it isn’t that big of a deal.  Many of the shows I like have just finished for the season, so there’s only a few that he “must” DVR for me!

Anyway, the day started strangely but seemed to be a fairly good one.  I think that F has realized that I really am going away so he’s being quite nice to me!  Ha!


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to on Saturday, we might see a movie or we might stay in. Hopefully, I’ll be able to blog tomorrow night, so come on back and find out about my day.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: