October 14, 2017

Saturday - Sunny and warm, rainy at night

A good day.

I slept fairly well last night. I was in bed by 10:30 and fell asleep almost immediately.  I did wake up a couple of times to go to the washroom and because I was too darn hot under my quilt.  

In the morning F and I talked about going out for breakfast but really ended up hanging around until my suitcase arrived.  I unpacked the treasures for other people from it, gave F and K their pressies and then ended up stuffing a lot of clothes back in the suitcase because there is nowhere to put them!   One of the first orders of business next week is to toss a bunch of clothes that I didn’t get rid of before.  I need to make room for the new stuff.

F and I went to Hyakkenbori for lunch today. We had asked K, but she ended up finishing her bento from last night and didn’t want to eat anymore.  We went and had a lovely meal. I had the pork stew for a change, F had udon and fish and quite enjoyed it.  

We went back to the house for a couple of minutes and picked up the pants that I wanted to have hemmed.  We drove out to Mikawa and I had my pants measured on me and then put them into the store’s care.  I had to try them all on and there was a bit of hilarity when I came out of the changing room wearing a pair of leggings that didn’t actually need hemming!  And of course, I noticed that the new pair of shorts I had bought was in the pile too…I didn’t model them, took ‘em back with me.  

F and I had a quick drink and a doughnut at Mr Donut and then moved the car to the other side of the mall.  We went to see War for the Planet of the Apes and both of us really enjoyed it.  It was far better than it had to be, there were even a few biblical overtones too.  I enjoyed it and really think that Andy Serkis should be rewarded for his performances in motion capture.  

After the movie, F wanted to go and look at the food in the grocery store.  I was okay with that, had even suggested buying food and taking it to the house.  We got his mother a few things and dropped it off for her.  F’s sister popped by for a few minutes and I gave her some omiyagi from Canada.  

F and I went to a restaurant he likes near the main post office. It isn’t a great place, but sometimes the food is quite good.  We had an okay dinner, but the place was quite busy and noisy, so we didn’t really talk to each other tonight.  

And that’s about it. I was terribly tired and really just want to end this so I can go to bed. I seem to be getting more and more tired.  I went to bed around this time last night, plan to go to bed very soon tonight.  

I’m not sure what tomorrow will bring.  We might go to the Internet Cafe, or we might just have a quiet day in.  Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: