October 4, 2017

Wednesday - Sunny and Warmish

An okay day.

I had an odd night last night.  I went to bed a bit late, and gradually fell asleep.  I woke up around 4 with the TV still on.  I switched it off and then woke up again around 7 am when I heard the upstairs TV go on.  My nephew was watching something very loudly!  I finally dragged myself out of bed around 9 and went up to an empty house.  My sister had an appointment so was away.

I breakfasted then decided to do a workout, but things didn't go my way!  I wanted to walk on the treadmill but decided to put the heel insoles in my new shoes first.  Then, I couldn't get them to stay in place when I put my shoes on.  I even used a shoe horn but it didn't help.  Sigh.  I took a shower and then got dressed.

My sister came back and then we decided what to do.  She wanted to go out, but said I had enough time to check my email and such.  I did that and then since she didn't call me, started to scan some old family pictures.  The next thing I knew was she came downstairs and yelled at me for making her wait such a long time.  Sigh.  I thought she'd call me when she was ready, but she didn't.

Chastened, I quickly got ready and we left the house.  We drove by the grocery store and I asked her where we were going.  She was still angry with me and said we were going somewhere else.  We arrived at another grocery store in the same chain and stopped.  She told me before we got out that if I lallygagged my way through the store she'd leave me behind.  I know my sister, and she would.

We went in and I quickly went about my shopping.  I didn't know the store at all, so it was difficult to find things, but I think I did okay.  I picked up a couple of gravy mixes, a packet of Yorkshire pudding mix and a seasoning mix for my slow cooker.  I also got a couple of frozen dinner boxes and some more yogurt.  I finished and went looking for my sister. I couldn't see her so was worried she was finished, so I went through the checkout.  I paid and then walked out to the vehicle.  She wasn't there, but it still was!  I went back in the shop and found her.  When she figured out that I had already finished my shopping, she gave me the keys and I went back to the vehicle and got in.

We went back to the house and unpacked the groceries.  I decided to have lunch and she went and picked up her son.

I did some scanning of photos and got quite a lot done.  I think what we are going to do is split most of the photos, although I will probably leave the more family based ones with my sister since she has children and I don't.

We had a bit of dinner tonight.  My sister made some fries and some broccoli tenders and we had that.  It was quite nice.

After dinner I came downstairs and did a couple more hours of scanning.  I rather enjoyed seeing some of the old photographs again, and seeing my mother's handwriting on the back of them.  I scanned some of the backs as well, since they are almost as important to me as the front!

I went upstairs to find my sister still up and watching the Oilers game.  She was waiting for her husband, but he had been delayed at the airport due to a technical problem. After the game finished we went our separate ways.  I'm not sure if he has made it back to the house or not though.

And that's it for me.  I'm not entirely sure what I will do tomorrow.  I am thinking about going out to the city again and doing a little shopping.  There isn't too much else that I need, but I would like to get my husband something else, and maybe a few other people too if I have room for their presents!

Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow....


Orchid64 said...

I think it's hard for people who haven't lived abroad to understand how confusing and overwhelming it can be in big, Western markets for those of us coming back infrequently. When we first came back, I was completely worn out and lost in the stores. I couldn't find anything. I couldn't even take in the amount of stuff that was on the shelves. It was just too much to process.

For people who go to those stores every week for years, they know where everything is and filter out everything except what they usually buy or special/new items so they can't understand what it's like.

Helen said...

This is so true! Just the different amounts of foods in the aisles...For example the Cereal aisle. In Japan, there might be at most 10 types of cereal, in Canada there is a full aisle dedicated to cereal, both sides! Ditto the canned soup aisle. It's overwhelming, fun, and somehow so very fun. I could spend an hour in the store just looking at things...in fact I would love to!

Thanks for commenting.