November 10, 2017

Friday - Sunny and warmish, rainy at night

A good day.

In the morning, F got up, called his office that he wasn’t coming in, and took his mother to an onsen. It was nice that the two of them could spend some time together.  I did a few little chores I needed to do here. I also washed the bread machine which F thoughtfully left all over the kitchen for someone else to clean.

When he came back, he asked me if I’d like to go to the doctor with him, not for me to see the doctor, but as his companion.  I said sure.  We went off, a couple of hours later than F would normally go but honestly, it was good!  He got in to see the doctor without a whole bunch of waiting and I’m sure he was out of there in less than an hour.  We went over to the pharmacy too
and then were on our way.  Whatever medicine F’s been given, he’s not allowed to have any alcohol with it, perhaps for the next two months.  I am rather smug about that.

We picked up some food for K’s lunch and then F called Kappa Sushi to make a reservation for their Tabi-Hodei for us.  After lunch is finished they have an all you can eat sushi on.  He did try to download the app, but it didn’t work so that’s why he called them.  We had an appointment for 2:30.  

We delivered the food to K and then went out for coffee to a kissaten.  It was nice except they didn’t have wifi.  

Lovely cups and coffee.

After that, we went to Kappa Sushi and definitely ate too much.  I was nearly full after 20 minutes, it took F longer.  I think we got our money’s worth, and basically, we didn’t need to eat for the rest of the day!

Many empty plates.  The shorter pile is mine!

We came back to the house to veg and digest, but K asked F to take her out to get her hair cut.  He was obliging and did that.  When he came back, we went out again.  We talked about checking out the new hardware store in Tsuruoka, so we went and had a look.  We did a lot of “window” shopping, but not much buying.  We visited the hundred yen shop too and got a few little things, then went over to the grocery store for something to drink.  After we bought the drinks, we sat in the grocery store for a while to drink them. 

We were going back to the house for the night when F asked if I’d like to go to the Internet Cafe again.  I had no plans to do something exciting so said it was okay.  We went back to the house to pick a few things up, and then went over to the Internet Cafe and vegged for the next three hours.  I got my Castle fix, watched Scorpion too which is a silly show and then a bit of YouTube for me.  

We came back to the house via the convenience store for a couple of snacks for us.  Neither of us was up to a full meal yet!  

And that’s it. I watched a bit of TV at the house too, then F has gone to bed.  I will be off to bed soon too.  

That’s it for me for today. Come back and see what I get up to later…until tomorrow….