November 17, 2017

Friday - Cold 

A mixed day.

Last night I was so pleased that I was able to go out and to talk to my sister that my day was great.  Today, my day just didn’t feel as good.

I got up at my usual time and watched a bit of telly before going to make breakfast.  This morning I decided to give K some warm milk with her cereal so that she wouldn’t get as cold.  I think it was good for her. I enjoyed my breakfast as much as usual.

Upstairs I relaxed and watched some more videos from the DVR. I watched an episode of Reign again. I have rather a lot and I want to clear some room from the DVR.  

I went downstairs around 1 to offer K lunch. She accepted and I made her some open-face ham sandwiches, plus a hot salad.  It’s some veggies in a pack from the store that you microwave and then put a dressing on.  They were good.  We shared the meal and had a cup of diced peaches each afterwards.

After lunch,  I vacuumed the stairs and also a bit of our room.  I got the worst of the foam that F had left lying around.  

There wasn’t much on the TV and since I had a couple of hours I decided to watch Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  I must say that I quite enjoyed it!  I haven’t told F that I watched it yet. I might let him in on it, but I’m not sure. He’s not really watching things with me these days.  

F came back to the house a little after 5:30.  At first, he was in a good mood.  We asked his mother if she’d like to come out with us, but she said no.  We got out to the car and F did the thing where he demanded I tell him where to go.  I suggested a couple of places but he didn’t like them.  I asked him and of course, he said a ramen shop.  When I said I wouldn’t go he got all mad and told me never to ask him again.  I can’t win.  I don’t eat ramen, but I suggested places where he can get ramen and I don’t have to, but they aren’t good enough for him.  Sigh.  

He decided to take us to a bento shop which I agreed to, and then he changed his mind.  As he drove out of the parking lot, I suggested going to Gusto again and then ordering a take-out bento for his mother at the end.  He seemed to like that idea, so we went to Gusto.  

The food at Gusto was fine. I had a roast beef and rice meal, F had a rice gruel thing that he often orders.  He got a bento for his mother and we left.  I had requested that we stop at a drugstore and he followed me doggedly through every aisle, despite me suggesting that he wait in the car.  Finally, I told him we might as well just leave because I wouldn’t buy anything with him looking over my shoulder.  He finally backed off.

We came back to the house and he immediately changed into his pyjamas, although he didn’t go to bed yet. It is very cold in our room up here, sadly, a portent of things to come. I am not looking forward to this winter at all. We had some tea and then F went to bed and is sleeping away.  


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F has a busy morning planned with his mother and going to the doctor. I’m hoping to see a movie and perhaps do a bit more Christmas shopping. Wish me luck with that. Come back later and see what happens.  Until tomorrow…

No comments: