November 24, 2017

Friday - Snowy and cold

A good day.

I got up this morning to a sea of white.  It had snowed overnight and it was sticking around this time.  Sigh.  I had some tea and watched the news, made the bed, the usual.  I got dressed too. I went downstairs to have breakfast with K, but she wasn’t there again.  Oh well.  I grabbed my granola and yoghurt and brought it upstairs again.  

I drank a lot of tea this morning, so spent too much of the day running downstairs to use the washroom.  How much tea is too much?  I think I had 4 or 5 cups in a couple of hours, so that was probably too much for me!

Around 1 I went downstairs and had lunch with K.  I had bought food for our lunch today at the big mall yesterday, so I heated it up and we had that. It was very nice.  There was tofu hamburgers, a potato/salmon/broccoli with cheese grill thing, salad, and I also served some onion consommé on the side.  It got great reviews and was pretty good.  I didn’t do any real cooking, but I chose things for her that we don’t eat every day.  

In the afternoon, I worked on getting our Christmas Letter ready to print out.  It was a tad complicated and I had to learn to use a programme I don’t usually use.  Yay? I even wrote a couple of my Christmas cards.  Hurray, I started them.  

After F came back from work, we talked about what to do tonight.  First, he wanted to have dinner here at the house.  We went over to the grocery store and picked up some food for all of us.  We got a few different things to share. I picked 3 mushroom pasta and some roast beef, F picked some ton-don for his mother and also some gyoza with spicy sauce and a couple of other things.  We finished up some salad too.  At the end of our meal we ate the last of his birthday cake, it was still good!

F washed the dishes, I dried and put them away, and then we went out to the Internet Cafe for a few hours.  I was trying to watch Castle, but I fell asleep on it.  I can’t believe it. I was so tired.  At the end of the show, I woke up and wondered what happened. I had DVR’d it at the house, so will watch it later.  For the rest of the time there, I decided to read my book and finally finished it.  I have read it (Fear is the Key/Alistair MacLean) before, but lately, I haven’t found much time to read anything. It’s rather annoying. 

We came back to the house and had a quiet rest of evening.  F is in a lot of pain from the changing weather so took some medicine and went to bed.  I stayed up for a bit watching TV and playing on my computer.  I’m not sure what we’ll all get up to tomorrow, but I’ll tell you all about it later!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: