November 28, 2017

Tuesday - Warmish and sunny

A good day!

I groggily woke up this morning when F left for work, and then woke up later for my alarms.  I didn’t want to get out of bed today, but I did. I did my usual morning stuff and relaxed a bit. I’ve started to watch NCIS LA in the morning and I watch the whole episode and then go down for breakfast. I know I probably should go down earlier, but sometimes over the last few weeks, K wasn’t around, so got into the habit. 

We had a nice breakfast together. It was just the usual cereal, but I warmed K’s milk for her first, which she seemed to like. I like my granola with yogurt and don’t really care about the temperature. We had tea with some leftover warmed milk in it too. Yum.

I went over to the garage after breakfast and brought in most of my clothes. I hung them up all over the room to take advantage of the heater. I watched a couple of episodes of Pretty Little Liars which is just insane. Finish already! 

I went down to have lunch with K and it went quite well today too. We had some steamed veggies, salad, gyoza, tongue and some cup soup. I didn’t make jam and bread today as I thought I’ve been giving K too much food. I put the tongue and the gyoza out on a plate and let her decide how much to have, unlike yesterday. I think it worked better too.

After lunch, I did the dishes and then came back upstairs. I wrote a few more Christmas cards and packaged up my little ornaments for the exchange. Around 3:40 I walked to the post office and mailed everything. Sending the cards was funny. The little post office that is nearest here isn’t a full-service place. They had to look up each card grouping to check how much they would be. Of course, they had no idea where Scotland is. Sigh. I know people say to just tell them “Igirisu” but many of us with Scots blood in our veins would rather not call ourselves English, thank you very much. I stopped off at the convenience store on the way back for a few treats.

After F came back he wanted to know where to go for dinner. I had a couple of suggestions and we went with one of them. However, we had to get something for K’s dinner first. We did quite a big grocery shop together as we were filling in some gaps in our essentials and our junk food. We came back to the house, unloaded the shopping bag and F set K up with her meal. We left the house again and went off to Coco Ichibanya Curry. We had a pretty good meal and got to use the wifi, so we were both happy. F grumbled a bit about the price not being as cheap as he thought it was, but it really wasn’t that bad. Dinner for two for less than 2000 yen is nothing to sneer at. 

On the way back to the house F suggested going to Komagi Spa, the place we visited/walked near yesterday. He thought it might help his back. We checked it out first to see what we would need to bring. Some places don’t provide soap or shampoo for example. Basically, we just needed towels.  

We went back to the house, grabbed our essentials and then went to the spa. It was fine. I was impressed at how clean and well kept everything was. I’ve seen onsens not be good. We had set a meeting time, but by the time I did the requisite scrub down and then dipped my toes in the water it was nearly time to leave. I immersed myself for a few minutes but it really was a bit hot for me. There are rooms that I’d like to try again, and also the rotenburo or outside bath, but that’s for another time.

I rinsed my hair and then dried off and dressed. F took a little bit longer than I did to finish, but no big deal. We had an ice cream each and then came back to the house. We had a good night really.  F is sleeping quite noisily now, and as it is late, I need to get to bed soon too.

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, but I hope to get more cards written. Come back later and see what I get up to! Until tomorrow….


No comments: