January 25, 2018

Thursday - Cold and Snowy..and cold

Happy Robert Burns Day!

An okay day.

I got up this morning at a good time and watched the news, got dressed made the bed and froze!  It was so cold.  I did my usual stuff and around 10 am went down and grabbed my breakfast.  I was rather shocked to see that there was ice in the kitchen sink!  Unbelievable!  It was so cold in there.  There’s no heating in the kitchen. Is that so the little women will work harder cooking the men’s dinners or is it because men think women don’t deserve to be warm while they work?
My basin in the kitchen sink.  The lines in the water...ice.

I rather liked these formations and thought they were interesting.  But ice...in the kitchen. 

I had a quiet morning. I did some more culling work for my women’s group and I watched some of my TV off the DVR.  I went downstairs a couple of times but K was still sleeping.  I went down for lunch after 1 pm and grabbed my lunch.  

It wasn’t until after 2 or so that I began to hear K bumping around downstairs.  I said hello on one of my trips downstairs.  

About 4 pm I went outside and shovelled snow.  It wasn’t as bad as yesterday, but there were some fairly deep drifts.  It was bitterly cold outside and when the wind came up it was hard to see.  I had to dump some of the snow outside the yard and needed to keep an eye out for cars.  

I went in at 5 pm and watched the news. I got a call from F saying he was on his way, so I started to prepare something to take to the post office.  However, the roads were bad and it was the rush hour so it took him a long time to get back to the house.  I also found out I had to do other things with the item I was going to mail, so we decided to leave it for another day.  

K had food in the fridge for her dinner, and F asked me if I’d like to go to the Internet Cafe.  Since it is Thursday and it is blooming cold in this house I said yes!  

We had yakiniku for dinner at F’s suggestion. It was rather nice for a change.  The restaurant was near the Internet Cafe so we didn’t have to travel far afterwards. 

We spent 3 hours in the Internet Cafe. I snoozed and then worked on my loom knitting.  I got a bit done too.  

When we left, we went to the grocery store and then to the gas station.  

When we came back to the house, the water was quite close to being frozen.  Yikes.  We have had to leave the taps running a tiny bit to stop them from freezing.  Let's

hope it works.  As I write this, the temperature is supposed to be -4 degrees Celsius outside.  It’s not much warmer in some areas of the house.  It is supposed to go down to minus 5 in the morning.

Well, that’s about it for me.  It was an okay day. I would prefer that it warm up a bit though, but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose!  Come back later and find out about my Friday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: