January 28, 2018

Sunday - Warmer and not snowy!  Yay!!!

A good day.

F and I slept in again. I woke up, fell asleep again, and then woke up to see him sitting in bed watching videos on his phone.  

We pulled ourselves out of bed finally and talked about lunch. F suggested a restaurant I like and his mother does too, so we called to check if it was open. It was, so the three of us piled into the car to go there. However, when we got near it, there was no parking! There must have been an event at the swim club or nearby as all the spaces were full.  

F’s next suggestion was to go to Foodever. I thought that was a great idea.  When we got there, he and his mum ordered from the donburi place, I ordered from the fish place.  For about the same price as what they had, I had grilled fish, roasted potatoes, bread, salad with local vegetables and a creamy cod soup. Mine took a little longer but was oh so good! Our meal was not without a few problems, K knocked over her miso soup and we had towels offered from a few of the places in the area! Then, she dropped one of her hashi, but a kind restaurant guy gave her another set.  

When we finished our meal we did a little walk around and then had coffee at the coffee/bakery section. Honestly, it was just nice to be out and hanging with my people!

We drove back to the house and were a tad surprised. The snowplough had gone through again so we couldn’t drive into the parking space.  We parked on the road, F grabbed a shovel and made a path through the snow for his mother and me. I unlocked the door for his mother, dropped off my purse, and went to help him clear the entrance. He did most of the work, but I think I helped a bit.  

We had a short rest time and then went out again to buy kerosene.  The place was lined up and once again F got upset that someone jumped the queue. I have the distinct feeling that it was him that jumped the queue, but can’t tell him that.  

We headed back to the house but stopped on the way to pick up some food for his mother.  We gave her the food and then went out again.

F and I went to the Internet Cafe for 4 hours.  It wasn’t bad honestly.  I didn’t fall asleep this time, but I didn’t watch anything of note either.  I wound some yarn and did a little bit of loom knitting.  Winter will be over before I finish my scarf if I’m not careful!

We came back to the house and F worked on a project for his work.  I took a shower and then he took one a bit later.  I don’t think I even turned on the TV tonight!


Tomorrow I have to start the last part of the dreaded cull and then if I have any leftover time, I’m not sure what will happen.  Come back later and find out all the fabulous details!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: