February 10, 2018

Saturday - Warm and rainy

A good day.

This morning F went off to see his back doctor and I stayed at the house. I had a quiet morning and checked my email and read many messages from one of my fun women’s groups.

F came back and we left soon after for our doctor.  It was the usual Japanese hurry up and wait thing.  I did some of my loom-knitting and when I bored of that, I read a bit of my book.  

After we were done at the doctor we went off to have lunch.  F suggested going to the Evil Place and I had no objections.  We went and had a big lunch!  We were both a bit tired afterwards but were fine.  

We visited the Chido Museum afterwards.  They had a display of comical drawings.  Even though they were all in Japanese, I found that I could understand a lot of the situations without the titles.  There was one big scroll there that was quite hilarious.  It featured the art of war using farting as the weapon of choice. I don’t know when I’ve seen as many male buttocks and genitalia in a museum. Apparently, eating raw chestnuts increases the smelliness of breaking wind according to the scroll!


The pond is frozen over!

It was stark but beautiful.

F and I went to a coffee shop after the museum and spent a bit of time there relaxing, watching water drip in the garden and drinking coffee.  

We came back to the house after our coffee and spent some time relaxing and digesting in the house.  I checked the movies and realized that there is, in fact, a movie playing in English…we may go tomorrow.  K had eaten and we weren’t that hungry for a while.  

After a while I suggested going out for a light dinner, so that’s what we did.  We went to Cocos and had some quesadillas and a big salad, and a couple of other things.  It was quite good and it was nice for me to be back in Cocos since we haven’t gone in ages.

We came back to the house.  F watched some of the Olympics, I took a shower.  F went to bed fairly early. He’s had a bad pain day today, I think the rain didn’t help.

And that, ladies and gents was my day.  It was fine.  Tomorrow will be a bit different as I have a meet up with a friend and her friends to do some crochet. I’m a tad excited about that!


Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: