February 12, 2018

Monday - Snowy and cold…again

A good day.

This morning F and I slept in quite late.  He wasn’t feeling that well last night and I went to bed very late, so we both stayed in bed for a long time.  I actually got up before he did, around 11.  I sat at my computer and looked at a few websites before he got up. 

He finally roused himself around 1 so we decided that we’d all go out for lunch.  We thought of a couple of places and finally decided on a hotel’s restaurant.  However, when he got outside there was a lot of snow!  He made his mother stay inside for a while and F and I shovelled a lot of snow.  The snowplough had gone down the road so there were snow boulders at the entrance to the parking.  We neatened up the parking and then since it was probably too late for the hotel, decided to go to Gusto.  

Gusto was fine, for me.  F and his mother wanted the same dish, so F ordered it.  After the waitress left I asked him if he had really ordered two plates of it.  I told him that I didn’t hear him say that he wanted two servings of the dish and I wasn’t sure the waitress understood what he wanted.  He basically pooh-poohed me.  A few minutes later another waitress brought out a dish of fried oysters which I directed to K.  A couple of seconds later, my hamburg arrived and so did the bill, which in this area means that your order is completed.  F had to call back the waitress and order himself another meal.  I thought it was pretty funny.  

After lunch, we did a little shopping for groceries in Mina.  F was flitting between his two women and at one point lost his mother.  She was going through the checkout!  She is quite impatient.  I went through another one and F put the groceries in the car.  I took his mother off to a nearby hundred yen shop and F followed us.  We shopped for a few things and then F picked K and me up in the car.  

We went back to the house, unloaded the groceries and put the kerosene tanks in the car.  F and I decided to go out and have a coffee at the Doutors in S-Mall.  While we were there, F suggested going to see another movie. It would start in about an hour!  Yikes.  We shopped a few things for her and us too. We went to the grocery store for a bento for his mother and then delivered it.  

Then, we drove back to the cinema and went to see An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power.  We were the only two people in the tiny theatre.  I liked the film and I liked the message that he was trying to bring, but then again, I liked the first film ten years ago too.

After the film, we had a quick meal in Tsukiya and then came back to the house.  We had to warm up our very cold rooms and also took showers.  I watched a bit of telly, including the Great British Bake-off and the Project Runway Reunion Special


So that’s about it.  Tomorrow I should do some laundry and I should also try to get a start on my next Journal column.  Wish me luck on that!  Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: