March 3, 2018

Saturday - Sunny and Gorgeous

A good day.  F and I slept in very, very late today.  It was the afternoon before we really roused ourselves.  Once we did though, we were really up.  We took K with us and went to Hyakkenbori for lunch.  K and I had the new dish, an udon dish with spring cabbage and tiny shrimp.  It was okay, not sure I’d have it again.  

Afterwards, it was such a nice day and I didn’t want to go back to the house yet, so I suggested that we go for a drive.  F thought it was a good idea so we ended up going to Mt. Haguro.  We drove up to the top but there was still so much snow up there that we couldn’t really see anything!  Most things were covered with snow or were blocked off.
Snowbanks

Outside the temple...the place where people wash their hands and mouths.

I'm not terribly tall, but the snow is very high!

Would you like to use the phone?


After we tried walking to the shrines, we came back and had a konnayku at the little shop. I bought some postcards too.  
Konnakyu with hot mustard.


We drove back into Tsuruoka and did some grocery shopping.  We brought the groceries and K back to the house, spent a few minutes here, and then F and I went out again.  We went to Doutor for a coffee and then had dinner in the restaurant near the post office.  We both had curry, but we had different toppings on it. I had chicken cutlet, and F had beef tongue stew.  

We went to see Black Panther tonight and I really liked it a lot.  I’m not sure if F liked it as much.  I thought it was excellent, exciting and fun too.  I’d like to see it again if I get the chance.  

We came back to the house afterwards and had a quiet evening. I tried to video chat with my BFF in Canada and did for a few minutes.  We didn’t have a good connection though and she had to go after a couple of minutes.  


And that’s about it for my day. It turned out really well and we enjoyed it.  Let’s hope tomorrow goes well too!  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

That snow! Brrrr! It was sunny and warm and 66F here yesterday. More my speed.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Black Panther. It's gotten such great reviews and looks like a decent superhero movie. We'll go see it when the crowds thin out though!

Helen said...

It is on the top of a mountain, so it does sort of explain it. We still have a bit of snow around here, but the great spring melt is definitely in progress.

I really enjoyed Black Panther. It was colourful and respectful of African history too. And, the women in the movie were fantastic too! We saw it in an almost empty theatre here, sad to say.