April 19, 2018

Thursday - Sunny and warmish

A good day.  

I woke up on time today and even got up, kind of.  I watched the news live, but from the bed.  I did get up after that, dressed and made the bed.  I watched my programme and then went downstairs with some laundry.  K had a postcard for me so I took that, started the laundry and fixed my breakfast.  

I did a couple of loads of laundry today, whew!  F came back to the house for a few minutes early on. He was bearing gifts of Danish and mugi-cha, so that was nice of him.

The rest of the afternoon went fairly well too. I caught up on a lot of my taped TV and did a bit of research for my next column.  Lunch was nice, and afterwards, I washed a few dishes.  No big deal.

When F came back tonight, he didn’t call first.  He was hungry but also in pain. He wanted to take a bath he said.  I told him it was fine, but I wouldn’t, so he changed his mind.  He suggested a stir-fry, so I named a couple of restaurants where he could get one. He picked the restaurant near the main post office and invited his mother to come too.  
We all got in the car and went to the restaurant.  We were lucky enough to get a table and then eventually a fairly good meal.  I had chicken, F and K had fish, but different types. One of the “things” at the restaurant is that rice and miso soup is self-service. I like it because I don’t need to take much rice. No one gets upset if I just take a little.  F, of course, took a lot!

After our meal, we drove K back to the house and left again.  We went to the Internet Cafe and it was nice.  We got our massaging chairs.  F fell asleep for a bit, I did some loom knitting and phone reading.  I finally used up all the yarn on the loom and learned how to do the purl stitch. Yay me.  

When our time was up, we left and went by a conbini for some bread for my lunch tomorrow.  We left and came back to the house.

At the house, I took a shower and then F did too.  Poor thing is really not doing well with the weather.  It is bothering his neck and he’s in pain all the time.  I hope that he gets some relief soon.  He’s talking about going for a proper massage tomorrow…hope it helps him.  

I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow, but I hope it is good.  I would like to restart my hat if I have time, but I also have a column to start writing.  You’ll just have to come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow then….

No comments: