April 6, 2018

Friday - Rainy and cloudy and a bit cold

An okay day.

I managed to get up when my alarm went off this morning. I watched some of the news that I had DVR’d and then got stuck in watching my morning shows.  I got caught up with them so that was a good thing.  

In the afternoon I started work on planning my class.  I got it done finally, then spent some time finding pictures of some of the music artists mentioned and some that weren’t!

I had lunch and relaxed for a while.  I watched the final episode of Victoria and enjoyed it.  It’s from the first season I think.  I hope NHK will run more of it…but I’m still waiting for Downton Abbey’s final season.

After 5 pm I went and washed my dishes.  As I did that I realized that I was leaving for work in about an hour, so I finished up quickly and then went upstairs to start getting dressed and gathering my things together.  I came downstairs just before 6 pm and spoke with K.  I told her I was going to work and that F would be back around 6:30.  I am so glad that I asked the company to book a taxi for me, tonight, F was late finishing work and I would have been late and stuck!  The taxi came and off I went, bumping my head on the taxi frame as I got in. Ouch.  

My class went well I think and the students were in good fettle today. When class was over and I turned my phone back on I got all kinds of messages from F saying that he was outside waiting for me.  Sigh.  I really wish that he would give me a bit more time.  

I went downstairs and met him. He had already eaten with his mother and seemed rather grumpy.  His back and neck are really bothering him again.  I asked that we go to Cocos for dinner, so off we went. I thought he could have dessert and drink bar if he wanted while I have something I wanted.  When we got there, I had a chicken jambalaya that was really nice and F had a doria with bacon and egg.  It looked good, but mine was really nice.  We both had drink bar too.

After we left the restaurant we went to a gas station and F checked how much was left on his prepaid gas card.  He didn’t have enough money, so I loaned him some!  He filled up the car and then we came back to the house.

At the house, we both changed into our pyjamas.  At 10 pm we watched The Good Doctor which was quite good.  The cast is excellent so far, so we’ll see how it goes.  F stuck with it, which really surprised me.  Usually, he gets bored and goes to sleep on things.  

That’s about it for us.  He went to bed a while ago, and I will try to go soon too.  I’ve been watching British cooking shows which are fun and also a bit sad as I can’t make the food here for the most part.  

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow.  I’m hoping to go off to Mikawa, but I’m not really sure.  Come back later and see what happens.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: