April 30, 2018

Monday - Sunny, then cloudy and a little muggy.

A good day. 

I got up this morning and then went back to bed for a bit.  F had been up and made some bread in the bread machine, so when it was ready he brought it upstairs and gave me some. Yay.  I was up by then.

F and I decided to go out for lunch.  I suggested a place that met with his approval today, Naa.  On the way out he invited his mother and she came too.  I suggested a little bit of cleaning the back seat of the car to be in order before we left. He’s really bad about doing that. 

We had to wait at Naa, but it wasn’t bad.  We sat in the car for a while, luckily we were in the shade and it was a bit relaxing.  When they called us we went in and were seated on the floor.  We had a pretty good meal.  I had pork and fish, as did F, K had just the fish.  We all enjoyed our meals. I do think it takes just a little bit too long there though.

We did a little grocery shopping on the way back to the house.  K picked up a few things and so did I.  
At the house, I took in the shopping and put most of it away.  I ran somethings upstairs and came down to find that the car had gone!  It hadn’t really, F was trimming a tree and needed to move the car onto the road.  I gave him a hand picking up the branches and bagging them.  

When he was done, we headed out, just the two of us. We first got a drink at a convenience store, then drove to Ikoiinomura, the place that had lots of tulips. The hotel/onsen that was on the hill had closed last year which is a shame.  No one was looking after the tulips this year, and there weren’t nearly as many this year.  There were a few, but F and I wondered if either people had stolen some of the bulbs or if they just didn’t get planted like before.  Some of the flowers were gorgeous, but it is a bit sad really.



I wanted to go to the mall after our trip, so we did that.  However, we visited the hardware shop Musashi first. We picked up a few things and didn’t buy the thing F wanted to buy! After that, we visited the hundred yen shop in S-Mall and got a few things.  We checked out the grocery shop for dinner prospects, but there really wasn’t much there.  F picked up some things for K, but I couldn’t find anything I wanted. 
We delivered the stuff to K and then headed out again.  F was a bit painful about dinner again.  He wanted me to pick the place, but whenever I do he doesn’t like my ideas.  It’s so annoying.  I really wonder if he thinks about the fact that I don’t ever get to eat food that I like here.  My favourite cuisine restaurants just don’t exist in Tsuruoka.  I hate rice and yet I have to eat it almost every day.  Sometimes twice a day.  

He suggested a place and I said it was fine, but when we got there it was closed for the night.  He took me to another place that we’d been to before.  I had hated it the other time, but it was okay tonight.  We were the last customers.  I had a vegetable stir-fry set meal, F had curry katsu ramen or something like that.  

After our meal we just came back to the house.  I decided to take a shower fairly early for me, F took his really late for him.  I found out that F had given his mother a pastry from a bakery in the mall. That was fine, but he’d given her my pastry…hers was still in the bag.  Not a big deal, but annoying.  

I watched So You Think You Can Dance and then started to write this.  I have to get some sleep soon as I have a lot of things to do on Tuesday and a lot of TV to catchup with!  


Come back later if you are still with me, and see what I get up to on Tuesday. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: