May 13, 2018

Sunday - Cloudy and a bit rainy, not warm.

A good day.

I rolled out of bed around 10:30 this morning to an empty house. F had taken his mother off to the onsen.  I did a little bit of necessary stuff for me, then made the bed and hit my computer for some quality time.

When F came back he offered to take me to lunch so I accepted.  My plan was to go to Futaba, but when we got there the parking lot was full.  Instead, I suggested Hyakkenbori and we went there.  I felt a bit strange being the only one of us that was eating.  F just had a glass of water, I had the teriyaki chicken.  Mine was good!

We came back to the house after lunch and I made us some coffee.  We also did something else that I’ve been planning for a while.  We changed the bedding from the cozy winter weight sheets to the regular kind.  I’ve been sweating every morning, hopefully, I won’t anymore!

We had a quiet time this afternoon.  I spent time on my computer, F on his phone I think. 

F suggested going for dinner to Foodever again and I agreed.  Actually, he’d suggested soba or udon first and I’d said okay.  Then, he suggested Foodever and I was a bit happier.  I’m not a huge fan of just soba or udon and I could hit up another restaurant there for something else.  Yay.

We took K with us and when we got there, F and his mother had udon (or meuni-kiri) and I changed my mind. I had planned to go to the meat restaurant there but thought I’d try the Shonai Fish and Chips at the fish place.  Well…I got a medium serving and it was huge. There were four or five different kinds of fish included and it was really good.  I think K and F were a little jealous, to be honest! 


We brought K back to the house and then F and I did a little grocery shopping. It really was a little, it cost less than 500 yen!  We came back to the house, unpacked the groceries and F set up the bread maker again for the morning.  I took a shower and then came back upstairs.  I made us each some decaf coffee.  

That’s about it for today. It was a low activity day, but surprisingly enjoyable.  


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I should try to wash the winter bedding and hang it in the garage.  I might wash some of my own clothes too, you never know! Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: