May 19, 2018

Saturday - Rainy and cold

A good day.  

The big news of the day is, of course, the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.  We watched it tonight on NHK and quite enjoyed ourselves.  Well, I did anyway!  I liked celeb watching and pointing out to F who everyone was! They really do seem to be in love and I hope that all goes well for them. 

This morning, F and I stayed in bed rather late.  He’d woken up quite early, but napped a bit and so did I.  Finally, around 12 I suggested food as I was getting quite hungry.  I wasn’t sure if F would be able to eat or not, but he wanted to try.  He had a brainwave and suggested going to Foodever because he could have udon and I could have something else.  I thought it was a good idea.

We picked up a bento and a few things for us at the grocery store.  The bento was for K, so we delivered it to her before going for lunch.

We got to Foodever and were really surprised at how busy it was. Apparently, there was a sake tasting going on and a lot of people were around for that.  We found a table for ourselves, F ordered his food and then mine and we had a nice lunch.  I had gapao rice again, and F had udon.  They were both good.

After lunch I suggested coffee and we decided to go to a coffee shop that we haven’t been in ages, Aurora.  We went and were the only people there!  I had coffee from Malawi and F had Irish Breakfast Tea.  Both drinks were good.  We chatted a bit and made use of the free wifi.  F suggested a movie and I checked out the times. We could get one at Mikawa at 4:20.  F didn’t want to go back to the house first, so we zoomed off to the mall and saw Rampage, a movie with Dwayne Johnson.  I liked it a lot, mostly because it was so good-natured.

After the movie, we had our dinner in the mall.  We both went to the udon shop. I had an udon salad, F had plain udon.  

When we finished dinner we walked along to the grocery shop in the mall and bought a couple of things for K’s dinner and also a few things for me.  

We came back to the house and gave K her food, then F and I watched the Royal Wedding upstairs.  I enjoyed it, thought it was interesting too.  There were some very famous people there. I’m not sure how real it was, but they do seem to be very much in love with each other. 

And that, more or less, was my day.  F isn’t cured, but he’s perking up quite a bit.  He is still in a bit of pain, but he’s eating and drinking, so an upgrade from Friday.

We don’t have plans yet for Friday. Come on back and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: