May 29, 2018

Tuesday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up to an empty room today. I hadn’t heard F leave for work, that was a surprise.  I got up, did my usual morning stuff like watch the news, heat up the water and drink tea.  

When I went downstairs to get my breakfast I decided to do a couple of loads of laundry too.  I did them and hung them in my room to dry. It was hot today so I knew they wouldn’t take too long.

F came back and ate lunch at the house today.  He got stuff at a convenience store and ate that. He brought me some kabocha soup, which was nice, but I didn’t eat it today.  It was in a sealed bag, I had some veggies that needed to be eaten soon, so I did. 

In the afternoon I wrote a couple of postcards and watched The Night Manager.  I think I like this Tom Hiddleston chap even more when he isn’t Loki! I also put on Loving, the movie I taped on Friday night. I was supposed to go down and wash dishes, but I was really into the movie! I have about an hour of it left.

F came back to the house before 6 tonight. Of course, he wanted to go to the onsen.  I agreed that I’d go with him and suggested we have dinner either there or in another restaurant. He chose there.  We got K a bento and then drove off to the onsen.

F went in and I had a drink from a vending machine. I played with my cell phone and I was just going to start my knitting when F came out of the bath. Sigh.  

We went to the restaurant and ate.  F was quite good, he just had udon.  I had yakiniku again, but skipped the rice and miso soup and had french fries instead.  This place makes great fries!  We ate, but F spent all of his time listening to a radio broadcast on his phone. It’s getting quite demoralizing.  He never wants to talk to me over dinner anymore. 

We had planned to have a drink afterwards, but F changed his mind.  I got some water and then we went back to Tsuruoka. We did a detour to a convenience store for some ice cream but came back to the house after that.

F had an early night tonight as he is quite tired.  I watched NCIS and then Penny Dreadful which was on after midnight tonight.  I’ve seen it before, but I still love that show.

Oh, an interesting thing from today is I noticed when I came into the house tonight that my winter boots are all missing.  Hmm.  K refuses to move any of her shoes out of the shoe closet in the genkan so I can put my shoes inside. I am assuming that she decided my boots don’t need to be inside anymore.  Good thing I don’t leave my work shoes down there or they’d be “missing” too. I’ll have to have a little hunt for my boots tomorrow. I’m not a happy camper about this. So petty.

Tomorrow I hope to do a bit more knitting and maybe even finish up my hat.  I might be able to go out if the weather holds and get some stamps too. That would be good.  

Come back later and find out what I do on my Wednesday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: