July 12, 2018

Thursday - Rainy and cloudy, coolish

An okay day.  This morning I dragged myself out of bed and watched the news.  After it was over I watched X-Files but was a bit tired.  I did a load of laundry today too.  When I come back, I’ll need some clean clothes.

I admit that I did snooze for a few minutes on the bed, but I didn’t really sleep.  I got up after a bit and went back on my computer.  I watched quite a bit of TV from the DVR and I also packed my suitcase for tomorrow’s trip.  

Oh, one odd thing was this morning when I was in the kitchen getting my breakfast, I noticed that a burner was switched on. There was no pot or pan on top of it, the fire was burning away.  It was on quite low, but still, not good.  I turned it off. I didn’t tell K what I’d found as I have a hard time making her understand.  I think she must have heated something up and then forgotten to turn it off.  I’m glad there wasn’t a pot on it.  

After I washed my lunch dishes, I grabbed a cup of iced tea and gave one to K as well.  I hadn’t really seen much of her today.

F came back to the house around 6 pm and reminded his mother that we were going away for the weekend.  She had forgotten. Oh dear. She wasn’t very happy about the two of us going away.  Sigh.  

We went to the grocery store as a  family to get her some last minute food.  She barely got anything. F said he’ll pick her up some in the morning.  We dropped off the food at the house and then went out for udon together.  We went to Udonichi again and had a good meal.  F had ordered before I had a chance to ask him if we could have a salad.  I tried to get the waitress’s attention so we could order it, but she was quite busy. Took ages!

Back at the house after dinner, we just vegged upstairs.  I watched some of the stuff off the VCR, F did the phone thing.  I took a shower and a bit later F did too.  That’s really about it.

Tomorrow the mister and I are off to Sendai for a couple of nights. We don’t have a firm plan, but I have a few ideas and hopes for things to do.  I hope we do some of them.  


Come back in a few days and see what we get up to on our trip.  Until Monday or Tuesday then!  Bye….

No comments: