September 20, 2018

Thursday - Warmish and cloudy

A good day.

I woke up early this morning.  F followed me downstairs and took out the garbage. That surprised me a lot. He was actually a few minutes too early, but he said the gomi station was full anyway.

After a bit more sleep I got up again. F was gone, off to work.  

I had a quiet morning. I did a couple of loads of laundry and had my breakfast. Normal stuff. In the afternoon, I made a bread pudding in my slow cooker. I used a new to me recipe and liked it. It was quite easy. 

I saw K a bit more today as I was downstairs quite often.  She didn’t seem to be feeling that well.  I asked if she’d like some tea at 4 pm and she waved me off.  

F was late tonight.  He got back well after 6 pm.  We discussed what to do. I wanted to get stuff from the store for my lunch tomorrow and see if there was anything good for tonight. I even offered to make pasta but wasn’t encouraged.  K didn’t want to eat she said, so it was just F and I.  We went to the store and F found something for himself quickly. I had a lot less luck.  Everything had fish in it and I didn’t want that.  I found one bento without fish and what should I see in F’s hand?  Raw fish that he would make into sashimi. Bleck.  

We came back to the house and I took the bread pudding out of the slow cooker. I gave us each some and split an ice cream three ways. F plated the sashimi and we went into the living room to eat.  My bento was okay, although I wouldn’t have it again.  The bread pudding was a hit.  I had cut down the amount of sugar in it, so it wasn’t too sweet.  Yay me. 

I ate and managed to choke down the sashimi after I ate my bento.  I wasn’t too pleased about it. I’d just talked to F about this kind of thing a few days ago. It’s pretty sad when you have to eat something or put up with pouty, whiny man for days on end. 

I ended up washing the dishes again because someone lost himself in the washroom.  I had them nearly done, including my slow cooker when F showed up to save the day and finish washing the dishes.  Nope.  I suggested that he dry the dishes instead.  I’m sure that is what he wanted me to do, dry all the dishes I had just washed.  

I went upstairs and after a bit, he did too.  After some time I asked about going out again.  We went to McDonald’s by way of the grocery store. For a change, we didn’t buy anything.  We got rid of our styrofoam trays as they were taking over in the house. We stayed at McDonald’s for a while and then came back to the house.

We had a quiet evening really.  F took a shower and I watched a couple of TV programs.  The usual.

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  You might want to come back later and find out, if you dare!  Until tomorrow….


No comments: