January 18, 2019

Friday - Cold, snowy and windy

I got up on time this morning, but watched the news and my drama from my bed. It was darn cold this morning and I needed to stay warm. I was surprised that K was up today. I didn’t really run into her at all until much later.

I had a quiet day by myself. F did pop in for a few minutes later but didn’t stay long. He seemed in a good mood. 

I caught up on most of my DVR tv and didn’t do any of my column again. Sigh. I have to get down to it.

I thought for dinner tonight we’d have the last of my soup and some salad and get something from the supermarket to stretch what I had. When F called to say that he was on his way I asked him to pick up some more bread and maybe some sashimi for us. He agreed and then phoned back a couple of times and said that he wanted to change his clothes first. 

When he got here he started in on me about the sashimi and how I wouldn’t let him buy it on Wednesday. That was complete crap. I told him on Wednesday that I didn’t want any of the fish and encouraged him to buy it for him and his mother. I had found a lovely looking salmon carpaccio salad for myself.  Tonight, since I’d had a break from fish for a day or two, thought that a bit of fish might be nice. Then, my dear husband declined to do anything, got into bed and pulled up the covers. Great. So I was in charge of feeding his mother, was I?  

I went downstairs, remembered there was some frozen Brazilian Cheese bread in the freezer, so got that out to bake. I also put the soup in a pan and reheated it, set out the salad and generally got dinner together. 

When everything was ready I brought it out to the table and we had a nice meal. I told her that F was sleeping. It was near enough the truth. 

After dinner, I washed and dried all the dishes and put them away. I went upstairs and tried not to be nasty to my husband. I think I managed. I checked on him but he didn’t want much for a while, then went downstairs and probably made noodles for himself. Whatever he made had a disgusting smell and the entire house reeked of it.  Bleck. 

I showered, F eventually went to sleep.  

I’m not sure what’s going to happen tomorrow. We have appointments in the morning and after that I’m just not sure. I was hoping for a good movie or something, but there’s nothing in our city. Maybe I can convince him to watch something off the DVR? We’ve got a lot of good stuff on it right now.


Come back later if you want and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: