April 19, 2008 - Saturday

Cloudy with a little bit of rain.

Today was a pretty good day. I got up reasonably early and showered then watched my "murder and mayhem" show. After that, Fumihiko and I had brunch in Gusto.

I had two classes today and they went well. The second one went a little slowly, so I'll have to try to finish the lesson next week.

After the classes were over, I called Fumihiko and he picked me up. We were at a loss as to what to do, neither of us were really hungry yet, and didn't have plans, so I suggested going to a place that we've seen a few times, but never gone. It's next to a restaurant that we go to once in a while. I thought it was a coffee shop, but it's an Italian restaurant. We asked if it was okay to just have coffee and the chef said it was. There was only one other couple in the place so it's not like we were taking up seats for diners. Fumihiko had a chai and I had a cappuccino. When we got them mine was really cute. The chef had put a design on the top of the milk foam. It was a smiling face...nice! I've seen other patterns before, but not this one. The coffee was darn good too! Fumihiko said his chai was a bit sweet, but not terribly so. We both liked the look of the place, and the smells coming from the kitchen were yummy. We'll probably go back sometime. Fumihiko went to use the washroom and then recommended that I use the facilities too. The reason? It was quite interesting in there! There were paintings painted on the wall, as well as poems and in one corner a design of a woman putting on lipstick. It was neat because the artist had used a 3-D effect. Also, the sink for hand washing was quite neat. It was an aluminum basin...quite round and shallow. It really was an interesting toilet room!

We drove around a bit looking for a place to have dinner. We thought about going back to the restaurant, but decided we'd look too strange. We ended up at the Grand el Sun and had dinner there. We both had pasta. I had my favourite - carbonara...it was good there...and Fumihiko had pasta that he dipped into clam soup. Sort of a Japanese-Italian fusion thing I guess. We also had dessert, which was very nice and decadent.

The next place we went was karaoke. We got free time, which ended up being around 3 hours. We both sang a lot and had drink bar, so we had fun. I did some of my usual ones and a few for the first time.

We came home around 10:30 and then vegged in front of our computers for a while. After midnight, I turned on the new show about Brian...Life of Brian? nope, that's Monty Python. It's What About Brian? in English. It was okay. Not sure if it will be a must catch or not. After that, it was Project Runway time. It was great. I really liked the clothes, and based on the show thought that the winner deserved to win! Three of the designers did clothes that I really would have worn, if they were in my size.

And that's about it for us. Tomorrow we might see a movie as it's a cheap day for the theater, but nothing's set in stone yet. Wish us luck!

Night.

No comments: