June 22, 2008 - Sunday

Hot and sunny, gorgeous day.

I slept in so late that I'm not even going to say how late it was. When I finally did get up, Fumihiko and I went out for brunch to Kintaro Sushi, the local revolving sushi restaurant. On the weekend they're open all day, rather than closing between lunch and dinner. We had a lovely meal. I branched out and had a couple of pieces of the more expensive sushi. Usually I just go for the 120 yen type, because I really like it!

After our meal Fumihiko asked me what I wanted to do, but I didn't really have any plans. He asked me to go to either Asahi Village, some other place, or the beach. Well, we ended up going to the beach. It was late of course, and when we got there it was around 5:00pm, but still light. We walked along the beach for a bit. There weren't so many nice shells this time, but it was good to be by the sea. We ended up on a manmade platform and snapped a few pictures of each other. It was really a nice place to be. I'd fortuitously worn my sandals today, so I'd left my socks in the car. Good thing too as I did get my feet wet.

We were driving back to Tsuruoka when we spotted a new place in Yura. It was a new coffee shop. We went and had a couple of coffees. It was very nice. The building used to be a convenience store, but now is light and airy and well decorated inside. The thing is, I'm not sure if it makes for a good coffee shop. I prefer places that are a little dark and cozy. Places that you can tell secrets in, rather than perform operations. However, it is a restaurant too, so as long as the food is good, it'll probably be okay. Over coffee I said to Fumihiko that this day hadn't worked out like I'd expected. I'd never have guessed that we'd end up at the beach. I said that I had thought about asking him to go to karaoke, so we could keep cool on someone else's dime! He thought that was a great idea, and suggested that we go tonight.

We picked up some snacks at the grocery store and then went to karaoke! It was fun. We both sang a lot. Fumihiko turned on the rating system to check our singing and we both got a couple of number 1's. Of course, I think most of mine were because hardly anyone ever sings the songs I like! Still, it was fun.

We left the karaoke at 10 pm tonight, and then had a quick bite to eat at Tsukyia, one of the gyudon shops. We got some milk and cream cheese, and miracle of miracles, a box of butter at the grocery store, and then came home.

We had a quiet, but nice evening at home together. I really had no idea when I got up today that I would have such a nice day. I don't usually!

I should run. I'll talk to you all tomorrow night! Bye!

No comments: