June 28, 2008 - Saturday

Sunny and hot.

Today was a good day, but it got off to a bad start. I went to bed around 3:30, which was later than I planned. However, my husband was sleeping on the couch. I tried to wake him up and get him to come to bed. I wasn't able to rouse him until 4 am. Then, he woke me up a couple of times when I did manage to get to sleep, so I was very tired and quite resentful this morning.

After an okay breakfast/brunch at Marumatsu, I went to my school. I was busy. It wasn't terribly hot yet, but I had to do a bit of dusting and sweeping before my class. The classes themselves went quite well. The last one I had was not what I expected. Instead of me teaching the student what I had planned, she asked if I would check her translations for her work. I didn't really mind, having done this sort of thing before for other students. I think I helped her.

When I finished my clean up and called my husband he told me that he'd had a call about my school during the day. When he came to get me, we called the person back and they decided that they'll let us know later in the week when they'd like to come for an interview.

We went home for a bit, and then out for dinner. Fumihiko suggested the new okonomiyaki place that we've started going to. We went and had a nice meal. I was stuffed afterwards. We were a bit surprised at how busy the place was, usually when we go we're the only people there.

We drove to Mikawa Mall after dinner and were a bit surprised at how busy it was. We wanted to see There Will Be Blood. When we got up to the theatre the place was packed. We only had 5 minutes before our movie started. We divided to conquer. I got in the popcorn line, Fumihiko bought the tickets. I nearly asked him to pack it in though because I hate being late for the movie and I knew that we would be. I didn't get popcorn for myself, Fumihiko did though. He finished long before me, and came over with coupons for the concession. So, our drinks and his popcorn didn't cost very much. Hurray.

The movie was good. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the movie reels got mixed up as it didn't make sense how it was set up. On the other hand, I don't know if they still use separate reels, so it may not be the case, it is possible that it's a Tarantinoesque time warp.

After the movie we came back to Tsuruoka and had a quick bite in Mosburgers. At home we vegged for a while, then discovered that Heroes was on. I'd forgotten. Sigh.

That's about it for today. Tomorrow no big plans, I just hope that we can have a good day. Catch you tomorrow? Night.

No comments: