June 27, 2008 - Friday

Sunny and hot.

I woke up first around 5 am. There was one of those flash rainstorms that we get at times here. It was loud and I was glad not to be out in it. I closed the windows, although it was over quickly.

Today I got up and there was news. Hurray for that! The news wasn't good of course, it never is, but it was nice to see it again. I stayed up today. I showered, then did my last load of laundry.

Watched a bit of telly during the day too. I enjoyed today's Re:Genesis and last night's Agatha Christie. It's rather fun to see on TV. I've had a soft spot for Geraldine McEwan ever since I saw her onstage in London when I was 19. I think she was Mrs. Malaprop in The Rivals.

Went off to my school in a bit of a panic just before 4. I was running a little late. Worse still, I got 3/4 of the way to work and realized that I'd forgotten to close the windows in my apartment before I left. Sigh. When I got to the school I considered going back, but then thought that I'd be too tired afterwards. I sent hubby a text message telling him about my stupidity!

I got the school cooled down and then when my student came, had quite a good class. He was in high spirits. It made the class fun. He wasn't having too much fun, just enough to enjoy it I think. We did prepositions of place and at the end as I went over the homework with him, I realized that he didn't quite get everything. I'll have to work on it more next week.

In between my classes I worked on prepping my classes for tomorrow. I have 3 and I want to make sure that everything goes well. At a bit before 7 I got ready for my next class, then at 7:00pm I got a phone call. She couldn't come. She was stuck at work and wouldn't be done until 9:00 pm. Sigh. So, I had some extra time on my hands and I used it to get more things ready for my class tomorrow.

When Fumihiko picked me up we didn't know where to go for dinner, then he suggested Jiro. We went there and had a really nice meal. I had my favourite, pork saute in garlic oil. My breath could kill a vampire, but it was so good!

We came home via the grocery store and had a quiet evening at home. I have to be up and out early tomorrow, and it'll be a little bit busy for me. Tomorrow night, I'm not sure what our plans are. We might go and see There Will Be Blood, or we might stay home and watch a dvd. Depends on lots of things really.

That's it. I'm outta here! Bye.

No comments: