July 16, 2008 - Wednesday

Hot and muggy.

Although I had originally planned to go out today, I didn't. Nope. Stayed in all day. I got up early enough to check the news, or as it was today, the lack thereof. Sigh. Some "All Star Game". Right. Chalk me up as a non baseball person please!

I went back to sleep quite honestly. I got dressed after a while and did a few things around the house, but not much. It was so hot and humid I just didn't feel like moving much. I kept postponing going out, and then I decided not to bother at all.

A bit before Fumihiko came home I took a shower. Trust me, it was necessary!

When Fumihiko came home we had some iced coffee and he got ready for his meeting. He was quite nervous about it. Basically, this is the year that "we" are in charge of the apartment building. As my Japanese is pitiful and I have a really snarky attitude about the whole thing, Fumihiko gets to do all of the work. That's what all of the printing has been for. To complicate things more for my dear hubby, this is also the year that the prefecture in its wisdom (or not) has decided to charge its tenants a fee for parking. Poor ol' Fumihiko has been stressing out about how to work it out fairly. In an 8 family apartment building, there are 12 parking spaces and 14 cars. Hmm. We only have one because I'm a bicycle rider (although we do have 4 bicycles between us...three are mine...shhh-don't tell anyone.) One other family has one car, but the rest all have two. That means that 2 families have to pay for two parking spaces...Don't quote me on the math here. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

It took almost an hour for this meeting and when it was over, my hubby came back in. He was sweating and mosquito bitten. They'd had the meeting outside!

I cooked dinner, which was okay tonight. We had chicken wings with blue cheese dressing dip, onion salad, spaghetti with broccoli cheese sauce as a side dish, plus coffee. It was all quite nice. Not one of my best efforts really, but good.

Fumihiko went over to his mother's after dinner. He took one of my bicycles to store over there. Now we're down to 3 here. What a relief! When he came back, he did the dishes. (He told me not to do them, honest.)

We had a nice quiet evening at home. Fumihiko is now snoozing on the couch, but it's quite late. I really should get him moving off to bed.

Tomorrow I'm back to work, and I'm thinking that if it's really hot, I might go over to the school a bit early and start the air conditioner on a lower power. I probably won't though as I'm sure I'd rather stay here.

That's it for my day. Interesting but quiet. I'll talk to you tomorrow night. I'm off to bed. Night!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, all that apartment-neighborhood nonsense. We have some kind of resident association with elected official and have a big meeting twice a year but mostly everyone ignores all of it. DH has gone to the two meetings so far, but we don't do anything else. We pay ridiculous monthly grounds keeping fees, but they are worth it as we have a staff to take care of the garbage and clean stuff up. At first the fees annoyed me because all the other places I have lived the fee was basically a gift to the landlord who did nothing and paid nothing (for 8 years the outside lights in our last place were all burned out!). Where I am now I am happy to pay it.

Boy, rambling on today. Sorry.

Helen said...

Because we're in prefectural employee housing, it's a bit different for us. If we want to get stuff done, WE have to pay for it. In winter this year we had to shovel snow or pay the snowplough to come in and do it for us. When we first moved here it was great, the rent was low and the parking was free. These days though, the rent is higher and parking isn't free anymore. I'm not complaining too much, I still think it's a good deal, and I'd do anything not to have to live with the MIL, but the meetings and the let's get together and pull weeds thing just gets me a bit.

And don't worry, you're welcome to ramble here! :-)