October 28, 2008 - Tuesday

Cloudy and then rainy.

A pretty good day. I woke up this morning when Fumihiko was getting ready for work. I ended up getting up for a while too. I watched some foreign news, drank a cup of coffee and then when baseball started, went back to bed for a quick snooze. I woke up a lot later, having slept through my alarm. Sigh.

I got up again and showered and drank more coffee. I watched a bit of TV and then tuned in for The 4400. I'm enjoying watching these episodes, particularly since the series has been cancelled and there won't be more.

I got ready for work and ate, then headed off to my school. I had a lot of things to do before my class and I didn't quite get them done. However, I did enough so I was happy. My first class went well. We did a couple of different activities in class, we played phonic snap, but only had one "pair" each time, then did a little Halloween colouring. At the end of class we had some time, so I read him a spooky story.

In between my classes I planned for next week and did some paperwork. When it was time for my second class I waited for my student but she didn't come. One of the student's had already told me she couldn't come, but the other ? Hmm. I'll email her tomorrow and see what happened.

I did put my time to good use and wrote my column for the next Journal. The deadline is at the end of this month so I really needed to get my skates on! It's written, I just have to do a bit of fact checking and type it out. Yay.

Fumihiko called me after 9:00 pm and then came to get me. We went to Grado tonight and both had the same thing, fettuccine with salmon, shrimp and ikura. It was so good. We also watched the movie that was on their TV. I'd never seen it before, and wasn't sure what it was. That's odd for me, so I knew it must have been made in the late 60's or early 70's. Sure enough, at home tonight I found it. It was Me, Natalie with Patty Duke and James Farentino, made in 1969. It looked interesting, but we had to leave before it was finished.

We made a quick grocery store run as well and will be having tacos for dinner tomorrow night. Yum. I like tacos!

At home we just had a quiet evening. I made some decaf tea and we enjoyed that. Fumihiko has just gone off to bed and if I'm smart I'll go soon too. I'm probably not so smart.

That's it for me. Got to go. Night night!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I've just started watching The 4400 on Fox. I have seen two episodes. It is interesting.

Helen said...

I like that it's filmed in Vancouver...sometimes you can see the red Canada Post boxes in scenes and I quite like the actors. Bill Campbell is so gorgeous I wish that they didn't have him hiding behind long hair and a beard.

Thanks for the comment!