April 27, 2011

Wednesday - Rainy then clearing and back to rain at night.

An okay day.

I went to bed quite late last night and when my alarm went off this morning, I didn’t think it was morning yet! It was quite dark in our room and it didn’t feel like daytime. It was but…. I got up for a bit, checked email and such and then decided to go back to bed. I slept for a bit, but kept worrying about F coming home and finding me in bed! I finally just got up.

I watched Invictus this morning, the Clint Eastwood movie about South Africa and Nelson Mandela and rugby. I really quite liked it, it was quite different than I thought it would be. I really should give Eastwood some credit, he is a good director. As always when I see a film about a place that I’ve lived, I started talking with a (bad) South African accent afterwards.

I watched an episode or was it two of Grey’s Anatomy. I think these are ones from when I was in Canada as I haven’t seen them. Then, I went out.

I rode off to the mall to have a sandwich and a tea. I find that when I’m about to start writing my column it is better to get out of the apartment and get a start on it. Writing some of it in longhand gets me focused. I had a nice sandwich and a royal milk tea and wrote a few pages in my notebook. I snooped around the mall a little too, but didn’t buy very much.

I got home around 5:30 and F came home around 6. He did call me for a change, which was really nice of him.

We spent a bit of time together and then went out for dinner. He requested the yakiniku buffet place, so we went there. We both ate a lot, but I’m happy to say that I didn’t stuff myself full of desserts. I had one little pudding and that was enough. Yay.

We bought a few groceries both before dinner at Yamaya (got my mushroom soup!) and after at MaxValu. We’re going to have fresh pasta tomorrow night, so I wanted a salad to go with it.

We came home and really just had a quiet evening. F set his bath and then went to bed. I had to wake him up a couple of times to take his bath. He didn’t go until 1:00. I watched, or tried to watch a movie on WOWOW but it didn’t hold my attention. Roger had only given it half a star so I should have known not to watch it. And, that is about that for my day.

Tomorrow, I hope to do more writing and perhaps go out and take some photos at the park. That is the plan for now. Night!

No comments: